Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should the orange alarm sensor lights stay on when I am driving? I have just bought a used ecosport and have only noticed the lights when driving at night as they reflect in the mirror.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Hi Gayle, welcome to the forum.

Here in the UK, I only have a basic spec model with no active alarm system, but I assume someone with a higher trim model who do have an alarm system, will be able to help you. I personally never liked noisy alarm systems as no-one looks anymore, and will just walk on. Do not blame them either.

Is this the light that comes on? (taken from the manual)....

If so it says in the manual, that it should flash on and off continiously when alarm is activated when out of the car.
I would expect it to be off, if the alarm is off.

Not sure if Ecosport has the following....Some cars do have a method of telling you if the alarm went off while you were away from the car, for example interior movement sensor operation might be code 4, so the alarm light would flash on four times fast then off for a while, then four times fast again, etc, but should reset the next time car alarm is used.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi we have noticed the orange glow from the 2 sensors either side of the mirror. We have not Been to the dealer because the car has displayed this function since new and does not bother us! Can't imagine why these sensors 'glow' but we don't mind!

·
Registered
857 Posts
Are the two sensors, the interior cabin movement sensors?

Cannot think why they would light up in a car that's moving with the alarm system off, other than tell you the alarm system is ok, and available for use.

Any other guess'es?

Assume this is the newer facelift Ecosport's (2017), would your car manual not tell you?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi our Eco is a April 17 model and it is definitely the alarm that glow orange! At night they are bright enough to cast a glow on the gearstick.We presumed that this was a standard feature, but as said in earlier post the orange light does not bother us. It does now seem odd!

·
Registered
38 Posts
This could be a feature normally referred to 'Ambient Lighting'. My Ford S-Max has this feature as it was standard on the Titanium series and produces a very low orange light in the cabin from either side of the interior mirror. It was an option years ago on some Ford cars like Kuga, S-Max and even Fiesta. Funnily enough I haven't checked my Ecosport as I have a Titanium 2016 model as it's my wife's car and don't drive it much unfortunately - only modify/clean it!
I'll let you know if I notice it! :mad:)

·
Registered
857 Posts
It it is ambient lighting, then going by some other makes of cars, this should be switchable on or off, by interrogating your setting options on your dash display. (refer to your car manual).

I am only guessing, as i have a 2016 model, and not the 2017 facelift model.

·
Registered
84 Posts
These lights are definitely the ambient lighting, sometimes known as submarine lighting (as it looks like the soft glow of lighting on submarines apparently!).

I haven't noticed an option to turn them off in the cars menu system.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Alarm sensor ligts

Thank you all for your replies. Didn't' mean to stir up a hornet's nest! It would appear that it is just something I should get used to. My car is a June 2015 model so I think that means it is before any facelift. Thanks again for your comments.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Being an overseas market model, you will have different spec from us, and assume the ambiant lighting was for NZ spec.

You could take the bulbs out if they bother you :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts