Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon folks. I have a 2015 ecosport . I have owned it for 4 months, its the 1.5 diesel. I am constantly having to inflate 3 of the tyres which I think are leaking at the rims. Is this a common problem with this model I wonder?. Would it be possible to put 17" Wheels on (Currently 16") there seem to be more for sale. Any thoughts please.
Regards.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Ecosport Titanium+ gets 205/50 R17 alloys

Tyre pressures should only drop a little over a few months.
As for your tyres, are your alloy wheel perimeters bashed in, kinked, or kerbed?
As you have 3 out of the 4 tyres with leaks, I bet it is escaping from the alloy/tyre perimeters.
Maybe the previous owner was bad at parking and kept bashing the rims.... :D

If it is the perimeter, there is not much you can do. In years gone by you could put a tube inside the tubeless tyre to save money. Not many do that now for safety, but it was cheaper than buying a new set of alloys. Sounds like your thinking of getting new or secondhand alloys, and you can fit the 17" as per photo above.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Off topic, but to do with tyre pressure in Winter....

On the subject of losing tyre pressure, as it is now winter, you all might find the TPMS (tyre pressure monitoring system) alarm going off. This is due to cold tyres which reduces the tyre pressure a bit, so you may have to pump up the tyres and reset TPMS.

This is quite common on all makes of cars with TPMS monitoring, and you find on car forums people suddenly asking in Winter "why is my TPMS system alarming me", and the answer is cold weather drops the tyre pressure.

This was never a problem till TPMS systems were installed in cars ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ecosport Titanium+ gets 205/50 R17 alloys

Tyre pressures should only drop a little over a few months.
As for your tyres, are your alloy wheel perimeters bashed in, kinked, or kerbed?
As you have 3 out of the 4 tyres with leaks, I bet it is escaping from the alloy/tyre perimeters.
Maybe the previous owner was bad at parking and kept bashing the rims.... :D

If it is the perimeter, there is not much you can do. In years gone by you could put a tube inside the tubeless tyre to save money. Not many do that now for safety, but it was cheaper than buying a new set of alloys. Sounds like your thinking of getting new or secondhand alloys, and you can fit the 17" as per photo above.
Many thanks Colin. Iv'e over inflated them upto 40psi and not lost any air. I think you are probably right maybe I will try them at 35psi and see how I go. Thanks for your reply. Regards.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts