Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Is there any device or anyway that I can connect my Android Auto to my Ford Ecosport 2018 without using the USB cable? I know there are some devices that you can buy connect to the USB port and then the phone will connect to that device which will then allow Sync3 to connect to Android Auto to my phone without the cable, however I don't believe these devices work with 2018 models?

Would appreciate any help or suggestions. Thank you all in advance :)

·
Registered
933 Posts
Android 11 ?...hooks up wirelesslly.....

That's as much information I can give you on phones, as I am useless at phone technology. Here is the only mobile phone I have ever owned, and still used, its a dumb phone instead of a smart phone, but modelled on Captain Kirk's flip communicator :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Android 11 ?...hooks up wirelesslly.....

That's as much information I can give you on phones, as I am useless at phone technology. Here is the only mobile phone I have ever owned, and still used, its a dumb phone instead of a smart phone, but modelled on Captain Kirk's flip communicator :D

Thank you for your help. I have the Huwaei P30 Pro but that's with Android 10 which maybe the reason why I can not connect to Android Auto without the USB cable. I will need to try and get Android 11 on my phone somehow. Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you for your help. I have the Huwaei P30 Pro but that's with Android 10 which maybe the reason why I can not connect to Android Auto without the USB cable. I will need to try and get Android 11 on my phone somehow. Thanks
Unfortunatly, even with Android 11, Sysnc 3 needs a USB connection to work. There is a device that you can use though, it plugs in to the USB in the car, and allows you to use Android Auto wirelessly. See the link below.

AAWireless

1 - 4 of 4 Posts