Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else a bit miffed that we now own an old / out dated car just a few months down the line from buying new?
I'm not sure how it will affect resale values? Who would buy the 'old' style now knowing a new one is available with improved engines, handling, interior and better options including privacy glass and a heated front screen!

·
Registered
289 Posts
People always buy second hand cars, so no worry about re-sale etc.

I am just confused as to why these new additions (especially the heated front screen, heated wing mirrors, privacy glass) were not included originally... I wonder how/if these new additions will effect the new price?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Slightly miffed why "ford didn't get it right first time" I bought a titanium new last year and l love the car and (spare on the rear), but like others on this forum automatically assumed that it came with heated front screen etc,however like everything you buy new, a few months down the road it's updated.As to re-sale values,Well we can only see two or three years down the line.

·
Registered
19 Posts
From what I have read if you have a titaum it will be the same as a Zetec spec on the new model and also the heated screen only comes with a winter pack which you have to pay for extra ( but could be wrong)

·
Registered
67 Posts
I don't think the old and new specs marry up. Although the Zetec is BASED on the old Titanium, the keyless entry and roof rails have been removed. Also, the new Titanium features half leather seats, rather than the full leather of the current Titanium X.

As for the tailgate mounted spare, this becomes a no cost option. Features like heated windscreen and privacy glass will be options... I think calculating the value of the car when selling it is going to be complicated, but doubt there is going to be a massive effect on residuals.

The biggest factor will always be the popularity of the car. The more desirable the car, the more people will pay...

I don't know about anyone else on here, but I've started seeing quite a few EcoSports around lately - four in the last couple of days! If that's indicative, then EcoSport sales might be improving....Edited by: xn85

·
Registered
19 Posts
Got mine last November and until the middle of February I didn't see one, and now I've see loads of the little buggers so sales must be getting better

·
Registered
95 Posts
Sales are improving,because dealerships are offering huge discounts to shift them,the EcoSport is now in no-mans land, as I asume many potential customers are confused?- titanium,with x pack, now zetec with similar spec as standard tatanium, rear mounted spare-on/off etc etc, a marketing nightmare? ,but on reflection I'm happy with mine🚙

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I do think they need to up their game with the marketing of the Ecosport. I just can't help but think when it comes to trade in time dealers are going to use this against us and offer a lower price, despite it being called a Titanium they'll just assume its a Zetec equivalent.
It's Ford I just don't understand, how can they get the market so wrong with this? All the Zetec and Titanium models they sell they should know what is expected of the models.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I got my Eco sport on options so I don't think this will effect my resale price but I am not impressed with the way ford have gone about this at all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts