Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Has anyone else downloaded the ES Manual online (full manual ecosport-eng.pdf) which is essentially the ES Owner's Manual but in PDF format? I have a copy and came across a feature called Autolock on page 35 where you can (apparently) turn on the feature so that when you drive off the doors automatically lock. A really handy feature which is available on other Fords and also as an option I believe like my 2008 S-Max (well, £60 option anyway). According to Ford though this feature is not available and I have tried to program it in as per the instructions but to no avail. I have attached a screenshot of the Autolock page anyway. Looks like it's only available in certain continents but if so I wonder why Ford would leave it in the service Manual download? How frustrating...:crying:
Anyway after 6 weeks of owning the ES we're still happy with it especially now since the awful yellow DTL bulbs, headlight and reg plate bulbs have been replaced.:nerd:

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
I've done this before on a few cars I've owned, not tried it yet on the ES. Last time was my Focus I think, it did take a few tries to get the sequence and timing right.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Be good if you have any joy with this on the ES. I'll try again at the weekend and maybe turning the ignition on with the engine running this time. Just tried last night but nothing - no beeps after trying several times. maybe the only to turn this feature on is by buying the ELM Config FORScan software and device that plugs into the ODBC port connected to a laptop where you can override Fords settings to turn on certain features like this.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Seems to be programmed in, but disabled within certain countries, as it is built into the cars computer, as all it needs is a drive off signal that car has reached over 5 MPH for the door locks to shut. Not sure if the UK has this function enabled or not, but good luck.

Our Smart car (Fortwo) has this function, but I disabled it.
Why you ask, well first living in the Scottish countryside, we only get attacked by deer, horses, and pheasants :D

But more controversial I am more worried in case of an accident, that the doors might refuse to unlock. Having seen my nieces car refuse to operate airbags in a slow-ish head on collision (she was OK by the way), I would rather take my chances with doors unlocked. But thats just my opinion.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts