Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that you've had your ecosport a few weeks/months, what turned out better than you thought, or what is/was worse than you thought.
my best bit is the auto gearbox and so far 42mpg. the worst bit getting used to the tailgate

·
Registered
84 Posts
Had ours for about six months now. Getting used to the tailgate did take a while but can't say it really caused a problem. I did think it might be a bit more economical being the 1.0L but should have known better from my daughters Fiesta. What I think they should have done is made the led parking lights actual driving lights.
Think the driving position and ride are better than I thought it would be and find the engine is nice. Basically really like the car.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Had mine ten months, getting used to the A pillar was the annoying bit, but I have put it through its pace on the road and off road, even in deep water. I would like a bit more power in first gear as at times it is slow to pull away. I do realise it is a 1.5 diesel and not a race car.tail gate isn't a real problem. I have used the eco to haul building materials for my conservatory. The roof bars are also good and have had lengths of wood on roof with no problems. My mileage is 48.8mpg in town and I have had 55mpg on long motorway journeys

·
Registered
289 Posts
Had ours year and a half now and the A pillar also took some getting used to, but fine with it now.

Even with the new ES I still feel Ford aren't giving this car much love in terms of specs. The first batch of us ES owners really got shafted with the specs, and even the new ones seem a little off in what they offer.

Other than that, really love the car. The handling, height, spare wheel I love. Also think it's one of the better looking compact SUV's on the road (hence why we got it!)

Would be nice to see an AWD version with a bit more power.

·
Registered
2 Posts
roof rails

had mine now for a year and i love it but im finding the roof baRS A BIT OF A PAIN, :(can you remove them? and has anyone done it? :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Only had mine a week but so far loving the driving position, the 1.0 ecoboost is sooooo quiet at low revs. So far I'm averaging 43.5 and I sit in traffic on the M25 for a fair part of the journey to and from work.
Love the heated front screen.
What has really surprised me so far is the SONY DAB - it sounds amazing!
I like the SYNC options too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts