Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Have just got my new Ecosport and LOVE it, as do the family. Been looking for a bike rack however it appears the EcoSport is the only car in the world that no one makes one for! Please tell me that this isn't the case! I have a Saris Bones 3 available to me to borrow but I'm not very technical with cars so not sure whether this can be fixed or reasons for others not being able to!

Also, struggling to find rails that fit? Halfords told me the rails are for show??

Would HUGELY appreciate some help guys.

Thanks in advance.

Rick

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi Rick
If your ES has roof rails fitted, then what your after are the cross bars which to get the correct ones you need to go to Ford accessories. Or maybe someone on the site has then for offer
Welcome
Peter

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would get a tow bar fitted and use a tow bar rack, they are much safer, or fit roof bars and use a Thule bike carrier.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Roof mounted...
As said above you can get the cross rails off Ford accessories parts department.
If you do not have the ES roof rails you can buy them and bolt them on by yourself.
The base model and for some reason the very top model do not come with roof rails.
My car being a base model did not come with roof rails, but got them factory fitted as a cost option.
Was £150 if I remember.

Once you have the roof rails and cross rails, Halfords (or others) can help you with a single or twin set of bike racks, fitted to the cross rails.

Ebay do genuine parts as well........
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-...794228&hash=item4af155da52:g:hG8AAOSwQTVWBlus

Tailgate mounted...cheaper option if you do not have the above.
A lot of us have not considered a tailgate mounted bike rack due to the spare wheel/cover in the way, and having the roof rails anyway. Though when you look at Indian websites (where the car is made and sold) there are many aftermarket manufactures of tailgate bike racks, but nothing recommended in the UK.

That bones 3 looks similar to the type fitted in Indian Ecosports, here is a google search of them...
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=e...is4eHYAhWCKsAKHe1rCjMQsAQINA&biw=1024&bih=637

Some go direct onto the tailgate with straps, others fit over the spare wheel cover, but I personally think the cover could crack under the weight, as its quite flimsy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts