Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
took my eco into fords this week to get them to look at the wheels, around all of the bright work on my titanium wheels i have little brown spots . they took photos and details. i am just awaiting there decision.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
been back to fords they have cleaned and valete car , this highlighted the damage to the wheels they are getting in touch with their warrenty department. so fingers crossed

·
Registered
56 Posts
I had problems with marks under the laquer, suspected corrosion. After a lot of hassle all 4 wheels were replaced under warranty. So far all seems good.

Robert

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's to do with the edges of the lacqure, dark grey part of the wheel is powder coat then diamond cut to give a bright finish. Then lacquered to supposedly protect it but edges are a weak point. If it happens again I will under coat the bright work and colour code with car.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Got a few marks showing on mine need to investigate, one thing I am not keen on is the 17" o.e wheel, might look better with just a high gloss black finish??

·
Registered
10 Posts
Noticed them on mine too. Be careful if you get your tyres changes because when the garage use the metal crowbar to prize the tyres off it will likely damage the lacquer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just to add something (minor) to the discussion. My partner has one of the 'Limited' EcoSports, which were the first 120 cars in the Uk. It's on a 14 plate.

The lacquer on all four wheels failed after 13 months of ownership. After two weeks of chasing Ford agreed to 're-furbish' my wheels (which is no mean feat as they are Diamond Cut) and after having the car on a ramp for two full working weeks while the wheels were being done, what I ended with up looked like brand new wheels. My suspicion is that the wheel refurbishment place couldn't achieve the correct finish and because I was persistent and my car was taking up space on a Main dealers ramp, they just gave me new wheels (and four new TPS's). When I collected the car, the parts manager said "I'm very sorry sir, they ALL do it". Though he also confirmed that the 15.25MY cars (January 2015) onwards cars should have the improved wheels and not see this issue. A further year on and the replacement/refurbished wheels are still perfect.

He also said that officially the warranty on Wheels is 12 months, so if anyone's are starting to go then take it to a dealer before the car's first birthday!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Had a phone message saying that my wheels have arrived. Will get them fitted when it goes in for its service at the end of the month

·
Registered
10 Posts
My local refurb place now does diamond cut alloys so at least when my warranty runs out I have somewhere local and fairly priced to take them.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well sent mine in for its first service and had new wheels fitted the laqure feels a lot thicker along the diamond cut edges so fingers crossed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts