Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here. Got EcoSport 125 titanium, (19) only 3000 miles. The blower seems to work for about 30 seconds,then stops. Doesn't seem to matter if you turn it up full,or minimum,or if Aircon on or off,high or low. When it stops after about 30 seconds, the interior heat just builds up,side windows steam up.
Is there something simple I am missing?

·
Registered
812 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum :D

Are you not still under warranty?

If the blower motor was only working on higher speed No 4, and speed No 1, 2 and 3 not working, the answer would be needing a new resistor pack, that controls speeds.

If fan motor was intermittent, ie, cutting off and when going over a bump or pothole it would come back on, this would tell you that you have a dirty commutator on the motor and it needs cleaned with an emery cloth to bring the commutator ring back to copper by removing black carbon deposits. This removes 'dead spots'.

Your fault seems to be in the motor itself, as is dying, either you have a very dirty commutator needing cleaned as its full of 'dead spots', or one or more carbon brushes has packed in. So its a case of removing the blower motor and repairing it, or replace with a new one. Good Luck.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Im assuming its the same as the attached photo ?
It sounds like it could be a faulty unit. As Colin said though, you're still covered by warranty .

Going through the paperwork I got when I bought mine, mine was replaced Jan 2020 under warranty

66627053.jpg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts