Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my Ford EcoSport for 2 days now and when listening to music over Bluetooth the volume decreases and increases on its own. I have looked online and found something called 'Speed Controlled Volume' SVC however I cannot locate this in my manual or settings so don't believe I have it.

Has anyone else come across this issue?

·
Registered
289 Posts
it's in the vehicle settings somewhere, I know it's there as I have it setup. Just can't remember what menu it's under exactly.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Does your Ecosport have DAB?

Since the introduction of DAB car radio there are issues with all cars as you change from one land transmitter area to another, as they have to 'synch handover' with each other and during that time sound can go a bit iffy, even to the extent of getting a repeated sentence of spoken words if a drama or news channel or a section of repeated music if a music channel.

Also volume can be affected by the speed of your car for FM and DAB, hence SVC, speed controlled volume.
https://itstillruns.com/speed-sensitive-volume-control-work-7646970.html

I just have FM on my 2016 model and if it fades out, I hit another radio channel :D

·
Registered
179 Posts
If the sounds increases and decreases it should increase as you're going faster (to drown out road noise) and then decrease as you slow down. It should do it on all sources though, not just bluetooth.
I would also check your bluetooth device is turned right up too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts