Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my Ford EcoSport for 2 days now and when listening to music over Bluetooth the volume decreases and increases on its own. I have looked online and found something called 'Speed Controlled Volume' SVC however I cannot locate this in my manual or settings so don't believe I have it.

Has anyone else come across this issue?

·
Registered
289 Posts
it's in the vehicle settings somewhere, I know it's there as I have it setup. Just can't remember what menu it's under exactly.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Does your Ecosport have DAB?

Since the introduction of DAB car radio there are issues with all cars as you change from one land transmitter area to another, as they have to 'synch handover' with each other and during that time sound can go a bit iffy, even to the extent of getting a repeated sentence of spoken words if a drama or news channel or a section of repeated music if a music channel.

Also volume can be affected by the speed of your car for FM and DAB, hence SVC, speed controlled volume.
https://itstillruns.com/speed-sensitive-volume-control-work-7646970.html

I just have FM on my 2016 model and if it fades out, I hit another radio channel :D

·
Registered
179 Posts
If the sounds increases and decreases it should increase as you're going faster (to drown out road noise) and then decrease as you slow down. It should do it on all sources though, not just bluetooth.
I would also check your bluetooth device is turned right up too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
YouTube has a strict copyright policy that does not allow people to download, play, sell, or lend any video or audio from its platform without prior permission. YouTube's terms of service contain strict laws against illegal downloading and using videos from its platform, so be sure to pay attention to these rules when you get mp3 from youtube. Enjoy.

·
Registered
888 Posts
How to download music from youtube?
I assume you are going to use a memory stick with music connected to the USB socket. I use that when I am fed up with the radio.

How to get music off youtube and other websites off the internet on your computer. Some music websites let you just press a button on screen and downloads it direct to MP3 music and you put that into a memory stick. Easy! ....Youtube does not make it easy.

Youtube and other websites with no direct method of downloading music...
You get a free recording music download program from the internet, I use Audacity (google it), and that copies the music directly onto MP3 format (or other formats like WAV, but that require more data per song. MP3 is best as its less data, so you get more music on the memory stick). Note most Windows computers from Win7 onwards hides and disables the stereo-mix on your sound card, Grrrh!, making life more difficult. This stereo-mix is needed to transfer music (see photo below). If you have it already ticked on the sound card then your good to go. But if not..... On your computer put in search 'sound card', once sound card is up, go to recording tab, right click mouse and tick show disabled devices, this now shows stereo-mix and then tick stereo-mix and hit ok, that now allows the computer to record music from the youtube screen (or any website screen) onto Audacity or any other sound recording program. Once you have a load of MP3's put them into the memory stick, and connect to USB socket in the car. Select USB on car display, and your good to go :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts