Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

am new here I am a 2timeecosport owner and my current one is a 17 plate 1ltr ecoboost titanium ... a couple of weeks ago whilst in heavy traffic we got a bit of a smell come in to the car ( didnt know what it was and no warning lights on dashboard and car running ok) when i got home i opened the bonnet and the cooling reservoir tank was bubbling up like a kettle. been ok since but yesterday after a shortish drive i got home and thought would just check under bonnet again the coolent was just starting to bubble up again is this normal ???

spoke to my dealer this morning they seem to think normal but i have booked in for them to have a look as i have never heard of this before and when i look on the internet the response is very conflicting its normal or problem with mixture or problem with head gasket.

has anyone had this or heard of this before pleaseeeee help

Tony:confused::confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
880 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum.
This is anything but normal.

You are getting air back into your expansion tank, so there will likely be an air lock in your coolant system.
An air lock can cause partial blockage of the system and air bubbles returning to the expansion bottle. You can also end up with an overheated engine, or reduced heat in cabin, if there is a blockage.

Engine cooling and cabin heater matrix circuit via engine thermostat needs seeing to.
Hence you need, checking engine thermostat, and likely flushing out the system and refilled slowly, make sure with Winter low temp coolant mix.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Yes, useful information dealing over the years with heated up engines, cold cabins and in older cars, gunged up with oil/water mix froth and foam. Yuk!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Colin,

Unfortunately the earliest that i can get booked in to my local ford dealer is 22nd Dec (crazy) so I will just have to keep car usage to local journeys until get it sorted as cant risk overheating somewhere,

Cheers

Tony

·
Registered
880 Posts
That's a crazy wait, and just before Christmas, when they will not really be interested in working.

Anyway, lets hope they sort it out for you. It is not a hard job to fix, only a few hours if they have to drain and refill, and maybe replace the stat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts