Ford Ecosport Forum banner

Bulb warning light

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Nicky 
#1 ·
Help! I brought a second hand 2018 ecosport in October driving along
Today I noticed my main light bulb had blown there was no warning light appeared on my
Dashboard to tell me
When I rung the dealership they said the ecosport doesn’t tell you I cant
Believe this spoke to Ford customer service they was
No help page 81 in manual seems to say a light will show on dashboard
are they fobbing me off it’s still under Ford warranty

#2 · (Edited)
You are correct that its in the manual, which was a surprise to me LOL...

Mind you, the manual has all functions of the car shown even if you do not have them, as it will likely depend on model age, trim and type whether its part of your cars specification or not.

I personally never knew this function existed. Usually if a headlight bulb blows, you spot it at night when only half the road is lit up. Then buy a new one.

As for under warranty for bulb, well the answer is no, as a bulb is classed as a consumable item and is not under warranty.

Original headlight bulbs are poor light output on the Ecosport. You would be better to replace both the existing headlight bulbs with '150% more brightness for the same wattage' bulbs, cost for the pair is around the £20 mark, depending on who's manufacturer of bulb you chose.

#3 ·
Thank you for replying got no problem paying for the bulb just don’t want to just get bulb changed if there should be a warning light that should come on. Had company cars for years much lower spec and they all told you when bulb went iwas only driving along behind a van yesterday that I knew. Thank you for replying really appreciate it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.