Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all. Sorry if this is an old issue but I searched and could not find it. Simple question - which side is access to the pollen/cabin filter and do I need to remove the complete centre panel or glove box to get at it. For the first time ever I can'r find a picture on You tube! Thanks, Stuart

·
Registered
278 Posts
I found it by Googling and it seems the glove box has to be removed as well as a strut then the side panel of the centre consul ( the old transmission tunnel) It must be a bit of a job as the dealer has just done ours. Change brake fluid and cabin filter an hour and a bit. Changing brake fluid these.days is simplified with the equipment available so I would suggest the cabin filter would take up to 30 minutes to do.
I just poked Changing Ecosport Cabin Filter into good old google.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Freddie. As you said, Google has an answer and I had done that but you might have noticed that Eco was left hand drive, hence my question. Ford do not make it clear whether they reverse the opening for the cabin filter for RHD. I didn't want to rip out the glove box on the left only to find it was still on the right and the clutch pedal needs to come out.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Cabin filter is on right hand side for both LHD and RHD for facelift models (late 2017 onwards).
Its a ridiculous amount of trim to be removed just to get to a pollen filter.
Best get it done during warranty servicing, after that good luck LOL

USA LHD removal....

UK and India RHD removal..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Colin - top man, thanks so much. Out of warranty so I will do it myself. I had the same issue with my old Focus which required the glove box out and the fuse panel removed. Strange arrangement for a consumable part. Any idea if it is possible to gently pull back the longer part of the trim by the heater vent to gain access once the screw is out?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Colin - top man, thanks so much. Out of warranty so I will do it myself. I had the same issue with my old Focus which required the glove box out and the fuse panel removed. Strange arrangement for a consumable part. Any idea if it is possible to gently pull back the longer part of the trim by the heater vent to gain access once the screw is out?

Appreciate old thread but did you manage to change the cabin filter in the end? Was it drivers side behind centre console trim?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts