Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I’m running a 2019 Ecosport, I have the pass app which shows tyre pressures, but not showing on dash. Anyone else have same issue

·
Registered
807 Posts
Correct, you are actually getting more information than normal by being able to read the tyre pressures on an app, on I assume your Smart phone. This info is not on the dash.

You normally just have an underpressure lamp that lights if one tyre is under pressure, that is all they legally have to give, but it does not tell you which of the four road tyres are underpressure. That app would tell, as it reads the four tyre pressures, but an air gauge used by going physically to check each tyre would do the same thing.

When Winter came in with cold temperatures, the TMPS light illuminated on my car, which is common on TPMS systems as air pressure drops in a tyre with cold weather, and one tyre then became under the setpoint for detecting underpressure, and I just checked and added air to all four road tyre, then the TMPS system resets.

If you regularly check and top up your air in each tyre when needed, the TPMS system should never trigger.

Downside of the system....
In about 4 or 5 or 6 years from new the internal battery of each TPMS sensor which is in the tyre will pack in, and need a battery replacement. This can be costly to replace.

Also if all four tyres are inflated, but the sensor has packed in, you do not know which sensor has failed when the TPMS light comes on. You could easily check that with your app, as it shows each pressure reading, and one would read zero, even though the tyre is inflated. Also there is a gadget now that can tell if a TPMS sensor is giving out a signal or not. Kwik fit (a tyre dealer in the UK) and other tyre services use this to detect the duff sensor, so they know which tyre to sort out.

To me its all far too complicated when a tyre gauge does the same thing to check a tyre pressure, and will add costs to replace TPMS sensor batteries, as the car gets older, and unfortunately the system is a MOT fail if the TPNS lamp is illuminated. So it has to work properly.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I used to have the old mechanical 'pencil barrel' type air gauge, but have now moved on to a cheap but reliable digital air gauge, like this one from Ebay....

·
Registered
278 Posts
Being as how I got myself into trouble over trying to explain the sequence to show tyre pressures in the dash. Firstly What model do you have?
The 2018 Titanium has the tyre presure indicator in the little square jobby in the speedo binnacle.
It actually shows the procedure in the hand book.

Sorry it sounds a bit like the colinJYD apprecaition society but I am guessing he like me is progressing in years and we tend to be a little more 'old fashoined'

·
Registered
807 Posts
Well in this case Freddy, I have to say that I am wrong, as I am still learning the controls on my 2019 facelift model. far too many controls for my liking >:)

You are right, as my car does have monitoring of all four pressures in that small display. I did not know it had that....DOH. But not sure if earlier spec models have this on the display or not, or just the warning lamp of low pressure, as Ford keep changing specs over the years.

I cannot amend my comments above to suit, as comments are fixed after a time period on this forum. So you always have to watch what you write as its fixed in stone with no further editing available :)

But if anyone's Ecosport does not have the four pressures display and only has the TPMS warning lamp, then the above comments of mine still apply ;)

Here is a picture from the internet, showing the four pressures...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi. Yes thats picture I’ve seen on the internet. Mine is a 2019 st. The car I test drove had tyre pressure on dash etc. When I checked on mine it doesn’t, dealer said at first yes should have it, it was booked in, went to pick it up , and they had changed their mind and said no.

Could you tell me your exact model thanks.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I do not know why you do not have the four tyre pressures as pictures above, you should ask the dealer you bought it from, this very question. Maybe a software update is required to get this?

But being a 2019 model you must by law have a TPMS system, with the minimum of a low pressure warning lamp, as shown below....(this only tells that one of your tyres is low pressure, but not which one, or you have a TPMS sensor battery failure at year 4 onwards)

This symbol lights up on start up, with all the instrument lights, then goes out, to prove all the bulbs works.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts