Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!
My Ecosport Titanium x is 3 weeks out of warranty and it has only done 15,000, so in great condition for age. Last week, 3 weeks after warranty expired my dog was trapped in boot after a journey, I can hear the catch clicking when I press it but unable to get it to open!

IMHO as this is the only way I can open my boot I would expect it to last the lifetime of the vehicle, bad design not having an alternative way of opening.

I have managed to book a diagnostic check in a week, but was told I will be charged for this any any parts/labour......I feel a complaint letter to dealer coming on........any comments?

Statutory rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015. The Act states the car must be “of a satisfactory quality”, “fit for purpose” and “as described”. (For a used car, “satisfactory quality” takes into account the car’s age and mileage.)

·
Registered
818 Posts
I hope you got your dog out over the back seats :D

Anyway, I would ask for good will as you are just out of the warranty period. They usually do this in your circumstances.

If not and have to pay to get the door latch fixed, then write a letter or better still an email to your dealership manager, and say that you have been a good customer and really love the brand, and thinking that this action may compromise your future buying. Could you please give good will in paying for this fault.

If no luck with them, and that you had to pay, then go further and send letter or email to Ford UK Head Quarters, customer relations and reiterate your story to them, and show them a copy of your bill, and see if they decide to be customer friendly or not, by paying you the full amount back, or even less the tax part of the bill, ie, partial payment back. Good Luck.

Ford HQ....
For any general enquiries or for concerns or issues you may have on your Ford vehicle goto Email tab and please email UK Relationship Centre........https://www.ford.co.uk/useful-information/contact-us

·
Registered
179 Posts
I would be expecting them to do this under goodwill, otherwise take it somewhere else and save the cost of dealers labour rates.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would be expecting them to do this under goodwill, otherwise take it somewhere else and save the cost of dealers labour rates.
I have the same problem, though without the dog. Had it dianostic checked a week last Monday and told a new part was required and would be here within 3 to 5 days. Checked on the following Saturday and told it was actually 3 to 5 working days and part had to come from Germany. Now Thursday and still no call from the dealership. Car less than 18months old and less than 9000 on the clock so parts surely should not be going wrong. This is 3rd fault since new - dianostics failed after 8 months (took 5 weeks to fix), lost USB connection - fixed next day and now this. Like the car but never again.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Hi Clive, unfortunately as cars have got more techinical and complex than they really need to be, there are far more possible chance of faults, no matter the make of car.

This is why I look for as little extra electronics than need be by buying the base model that has no extras, so in theory there is less to go wrong :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
Totally with you about less is more Colin. Just bought the Ecosport but had rear sensors fitted, moved on from a ford fiesta zetec, you know the model that the engine stops and starts when you pull away. Don't get me wrong I had it for over 2 3/4 years from new and it was 100% reliable but would I buy it when it's 5,6 or 7 years old with all those sensors on it.......hmmmmm

·
Registered
818 Posts
Yes, its weird nowadays, as years gone by, I used to go into a car showroom and say this is what I want as extras, but now it a list of what I do not want. Some modern things are useful like hill assist, that holds the brakes for a second on a hil start to avaoid the need for using the handbrake, but others are just a waste of time, for example...

Start/stop now fitted on all cars inposed on us by green emission laws, does it really save save fuel? It is dangerous because it can cut off the engine at dangerous junctions at the worst moment, It definitely wears the engine components and possibly reduces the life of the battery, So I switch mine off all the time on any car that has it.

Auto-locking of doors, might be a good idea in dangerous cities, for carjacking at the traffic lights, but I worry in case they do not open from the outside if you want to get (heaven forbid) pulled out a car wreck. So I disable this on any car, as all that attacks me is deer and pheasants.

Auto lights and auto wipers...what is the matter with a manual switch, and less to go wrong, also many of these systems are far too sensitive and operate at wrong times.

Also all this modern screen touch, multiple display functions and internet connectivity, is just a distraction from watching the road, and should be banned just like a mobile phone in a car.

Also babies and small kids screaming are a distraction, ban them too, Only kidding :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts