Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Ford car mat under the clutch curls up every time I depress the clutch and catches on top of the pedal, pretty dangerous! I can’t see how to remedy this unless I cut off the mat section under the clutch pedal. Any suggestions? Thank you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had a similar problem on my previous car,where the whole mat would slide forward under the pedals. I solved it by using sticky Velcro tape. .
Edit:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had a similar problem on my previous car,where the whole mat would slide forward under the pedals. I solved it by using sticky Velcro tape. .
Edit:
Many thanks - I’ll give it a try

·
Registered
857 Posts
I have in some past cars I have cut chunks out off the carpet to prevent pedal jamb up, as that is truly dangerous :D

LOCKING TABS....
On most modern cars like the Ecosport, they come with two locking tabs on the drivers floor pan so the drivers matt locks in place, so it cannot slip forward. That's assuming you have bought genuine Ford matts, or cloned versions that have the two locking tabs in the correct location, (see red arrows pointing to the tabs in photo)

Cloned versions off ebay which are cheaper than Genuine Ford matts, do have the tabs to lock the carpet in place, as long as its says Ecosport and shows the tabs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have in some past cars I have cut chunks out off the carpet to prevent pedal jamb up, as that is truly dangerous :D

LOCKING TABS....
On most modern cars like the Ecosport, they come with two locking tabs on the drivers floor pan so the drivers matt locks in place, so it cannot slip forward. That's assuming you have bought genuine Ford matts, or cloned versions that have the two locking tabs in the correct location, (see red arrows pointing to the tabs in photo)

Cloned versions off ebay which are cheaper than Genuine Ford matts, do have the tabs to lock the carpet in place, as long as its says Ecosport and shows the tabs.

Thanks

LOCKING TABS....

[/QUOTE
Thanks and they are genuine Ford with the locking tabs. It’s not that they slip - it’s more that the clutch depression action catches the additional section of mat and lifts it up and over the clutch. I’m going to try the double sided tape and if that doesn’t work then I might have to resort to cutting the additional mat section under the clutch. Really appreciate all the advice though, thank you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts