Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's getting quite difficult to post these reviews now but here we have yet another negative review for the EcoSport;
Fair to say we weren't particularly impressed with the Ford Ecosport when we drove the 1.5-litre diesel version back in January. So here we are in the UK with the keys to the 1.0-litre Ecoboost petrol alternative. Has time and distance made the heart – or even the head – grow fonder?
Don't bank on it.
Full review here:http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/Drives/Search-Results/First-drives/Ford-Ecosport-10-Ecoboost-Titanium-2014-CAR-review/

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
503 Posts
There's no avoiding the fact the Ford EcoSport is a disappointment for Ford fans everywhere. Wonder if Ford UK actually care about these reviews?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I often wonder about the carreviews, do they actually drive the car or look at it objectively?I don't recognise my car from the descriptions they write. We know it's notthe usualup market 'supercar' they like to review, but it is affordable for many people, it is also (imho) nicer looking than some of the other makes.I got mine because I liked what I saw. The so called cheapo plastic trim they all seem to criticize suits me as its a matte finish and not irritatingly shiny unlike the B-Max I traded in.I have now had the car for 6 weeks and I love it. Now its run in,the diesel engine is quiet and responsive and 'wants to go' when you put your foot down. I like the leather seats, they are comfortable and support me - there is also a lumbar support adjuster on the drivers seat. Visibility is good and I feel it is easier to position on the road. I like the way the boot opens, it is so much easier to get the supermarket shopping and load big objects. I always go into the parking space front first, because if you back in (with any car) how are you going to get the shopping etcin to the boot.The paint qualityis good and I have not found any blemishes or missed bits. All in all I think its a good car and I really enjoy driving it. The extra ground clearance is superior to some of the competition and it goes over speed bumps as if they are not there

·
Registered
95 Posts
Well put Robert,the written reviews just don't add up, this car is slated in most motoring journals,however like you once you actually own and drive one -it great fun, better looking than most SUVs and is most definitely better than the script!

·
Registered
67 Posts
At the moment the small car sector is flooded with good models. It is very difficult to say which one is best as this is extremely subjective. The much-raved about Nissan Joke has a very high boot opening so is unsuitable for people with big dogs. The lauded Captur has some great features (we loved the idea of zip-off seat covers) and equipment levels, but performance was poor (90TCe) compared to the the EcoBoost EcoSport. And don't get me started on the dealers...

You buy the car which best suits your needs. I think for those of us on this site, the EcoSport suits our needs so is for us a great car. We love ours. It's not perfect, but it is for what we need! It's just a shame that the motoring press can't look beyond their prejudices...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts