Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Car servicing has now started again in the UK from last week (Start of July).
If you have a service outstanding at your dealership, they should be in touch or you can get in touch with them.

Most car dealerships have now started Selling, repairing and servicing cars again, though under strict Covid 19 rules.

Be prepared to hand sanitise, go round in a maze of directional arrows in the showroom, and even wearing a mask in Scotland (indoor shops mandatory mask wearing from 10th July).

I took my wifes smart car in for servicing yesterday, and strict distancing 2M rules applied, even had a transparent screen between me and the service person. Only problem I had at the end was that they were going to email my service details to my computer at home as standard, and not give me a paper transaction as I usually get. But i insisted for both email and paper transaction, as I do not have a printer at home.

I like to retain paper prints of servicing for all our cars, as Smart (and most other car makes nowadays) has computerised service records and therefore you do not have a service logbook. So I keep paper records of all servicing done, and use that as a service logbook, as getting to your electronic service record is sometimes difficult to access, depending on what car make.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I forgot to say that your service will guarantee another 12 months of warranty from the service date, so instead of three years warranty, my wifes car now gets three years and three months total warranty instead of three years, due to this Covid 19 situation of not being able to get a service this last three months.

Also as in the case of Smart, she also continues with free Mercedes/Smart car breakdown coverage while under warranty.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got a faulty door lock solenoid (rear passenger side door refuses to unlock) and been trying for 5 weeks to get booked in for a repair under warranty or most likely a replacement lock at my local Ford dealership and the answer is 'no can do at the moment', grrh! :(

They say due to Covid 19 situation, servicing or major repairs (a broken down situation) is the priority, and they cannot fix my door lock this month, as its non-priority. Luckily the door is in the locked position rather than unlocked. I can live with that.

Not sure when they can take me, but they say they will phone back, yeh, right, heard that one before >:)
Will try again to get a booking in a months time. Wish me luck.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Despite asking before the service back in late May, I was made to sit outside the dealer for just over 3 hrs. Right alongside the busiest road in Devon. Like Colin they did not produce the service papers and did not sign the service book for the paint/perferation section. It was all take it or leave attitude.

I am sorry to say that when this Motability car is to be changed I shall not be having another Ford. Nothing wrong with the vehicle I am a staunch supporter of the Ecosport but as the supplying dealer has the monopoly in this area it for that reason I am contemplating the change.
Last Sunday, we managed a lunch out and decided to continue into deepest Cornwall to a Kia dealer. Arrived at the dealership unannouncerd and on asking if we could look at one of the models, no problem even got the keys and allowed us to sit inside. My Wife being short has trouble with the Ecosports seat ht. After a talk I asked about servicing, explaining I lived some 40 miles away. He said no problem we might be able to do it at Launceston. I pointed out it was a S/H outlet to which he told me servicing was done there.
The visit was on spec no appt nothing was too much trouble even telling us a new model was out in October. What a difference.
Another problem with a Ford is no vehicle is offered as an auto except a Fiesta or a Focus both far too low for getting in and out of. One of the Motability privileges is when a car is in for servicing, you should be A offered a waiting service B a 'lift' to a local point or C a replacement hire car. I got an over 3 hr wait, no apology, no offer of a drink and the rest was take it or leave it. What really was the final straw was being told if I had asked I might have been able to sit inside. I pointed out I did on booking the service and also had I not checked I would not have beentold the original date was cancelled involving a 60 mile round trip, NO mr Ford not good enough.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Been sent an email today from my local Ford garage, saying to bring my car in for repair on 14th October, so here's hoping it does not get canceled. Never waited so long for a repair under warranty, from first phoning in to actually getting the car into the garage for checking out fault.

Just warning everyone, if you are near the end of your 3 year warranty, and you have a fault, and the garage is too busy, make sure you get it in writing or email that the repair will be honoured, as there may be a delay in the car getting in, and that may go by your end of warranty date.

Note you should in theory actually have 3 years and 3 months warranty, as the extra 3 months was for the previous 3 months full lockdown period.

·
Registered
278 Posts
It does seem that some dealers are hiding behind the present situation. Despite the availabilty of computers record of servicing is NOT being handed to the customer. We have to wait around after the service, surely in that time the details could be entered. After all they can print the bill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
An owner not being given the paperwork for a new car, how can that be? The book etc.is all in the glove pocket.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts