Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 Ecosport Titanium and the centre console has just came loose, the bit round the gearstick - anyone with this problem. I think the whole interior plastic is very poor quality

·
Registered
817 Posts
Hi Gav.

Did not have that problem with my previous 2016 Ecosport.

Solution would be to glue it back on with araldite 2 part epoxy glue
or use the cheap 2 part epoxy glue from the pound shop, at (errm) a £1, its just as good ;)

Other option is a secondhand console from Ebay (just looked, and around £40 to £60).
Final option Ford dealership parts LOL if you wanting it new. And don't ask me the price :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same problem, I have 2017 Titanium Automatic. The black strip bit has broken away next to auto stick. Anyone any ideas.thanks

·
Registered
817 Posts
Thanks for posting the picture. I own a manual box, so did not know what the auto selector was like.

Looking at the picture below, the black plastic part is either curved or flexable, so it rotates (moves) as you change gear position.

Looks as though its a strip down of the unit to see how it is fixed to the gear selector stick, and find a solution, Either a nut behind the black plastic part has come loose or needs glued back on (epoxy glue). Or curve might be on runners and has come away.

Just guessing, as you really need to strip it down to see operation. Maybe another auto drivers has a solution. Cheers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts