Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all ! had my ES for a week now just fitted the car cam I had in my fiesta ,I thought the cam was playing up but it looks like the cig lighter socket is permanent live ? is that right ?:|

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yes, it caught me out as well. I have therefore recorded hours and hours of my works building whilst parked.!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cigarette lighter

hi thanks for your reply, I am just plugging in and out etc to save flattening the battery with camera constantly running !!

·
Registered
0 Posts
I had an extra power-point installed in the cubby and had it linked to 'key-power', so only powered when key is turned.. That way no need to hard-wire the cam, and in future if you need to change cams also easy job.

·
Registered
5 Posts
get yourself a power magic box from blackview and wire this into the fuse box or have it wired in, makes it all automatic, on and off when you start and stop, timer delay to turn off and a voltage monitor so no flat battery.:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Spent the day thinking my dash came had gone wrong, then realised the cigar lighter socket was live, plugged it in to the USB port, now camera goes off when ignition is turned off, problem solved.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Spent the day thinking my dash came had gone wrong, then realised the cigar lighter socket was live, plugged it in to the USB port, now camera goes off when ignition is turned off, problem solved.
Any problem with that is when my dashcam turns on from the USB socket it asks if its for Mass Storage, Update or just turn on, so I still have to press buttons on the camera to turn on to camera.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts