Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, three years ago I was looking for a small runabout, at the time it was going to be a Fiesta 1.0 99bhp, but new on the forecourt was the Ecosport, there to test the market, caught my interest but not my budget.

Now, time to trade in again and have gone for a Titanium S with winter pack in smoke grey. Took a couple of test drives and both seemed to fit my 6'3 frame. Maybe not as quick around corners as my Fiesta but enough poke when needed. Plenty of chance to make my new aquaintence with my ES.

Curious how much difference audio quality is with Sony compared to Ford's own audio offering.

Gavin

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey, Well have gone from the ST3 Fiesta to exactly your spec ES, it will be here in a week. The Sony Audio is ok, it is a Bosch stereo and Sony make the fascia , sound is good but if you are and audiophile I suggest speaker upgrade or get the Pioneer under seat sub from Jennings parts..

·
Registered
84 Posts
Welcome Spearmint.

The 'grey' is getting very popular. I've seen a couple on the road in the last week!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey, Well have gone from the ST3 Fiesta to exactly your spec ES, it will be here in a week. The Sony Audio is ok, it is a Bosch stereo and Sony make the fascia , sound is good but if you are and audiophile I suggest speaker upgrade or get the Pioneer under seat sub from Jennings parts..

Is the sub a DIY job?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Surprised given it has the Ecoboost engine that it doesn't have stop start fitted.

But so far, happy with the car, seat back could do with going up further than it does, but I'm happy!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey, well the Pioneer sub apparently is one that does used to do as an option but it would be diy as such yes!!! They don't put stop start on the petrol turbo as it's a killer for the turbo!!!!, got a short video from the garage today saying Saturday is looking good for delivery!!! I have an android phone so I'm happy lol

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey, well the Pioneer sub apparently is one that does used to do as an option but it would be diy as such yes!!! They don't put stop start on the petrol turbo as it's a killer for the turbo!!!!, got a short video from the garage today saying Saturday is looking good for delivery!!! I have an android phone so I'm happy lol
Had turbo on my 1.0 99bhp Fiesta, 41bhp make a lot of difference?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts