Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi has any one had any problems with the alloys on their ecosport?.
I have 14 plate titianium x model and 3 out of the 4 wheels are corroding already .Edited by: Marklee1978

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah , we noticed 2 when we viewed the car at the dealership.it was a demo model , 6 months old 4000 miles. Salesman said we have a few like that ...I said I would nt take it unless they were sorted and was told they would book it in to the service department and sort them ,so I signed and took it home , a few weeks later it went in as promised but was told the dealership will not cover the cost but they will try and do it under ford warranty. 2 months later I'm just fobbed of , being told there on back order , getting annoyed now lol just wondered if I'm a one off or if this will prove to be a common problem ..Edited by: Marklee1978

·
Registered
56 Posts
I am currently waiting for 4 xpack wheels to be replaced under warranty.The dealer I went tohas been very good, but is frustrated by the length of time the wheels are taking to arrive. The small Ford dealer I bought the car from sent me tothe larger main dealer that had a body shop and after a bit of 'argy bargy' and me contacting Ford customer relations department, the service department there got permission to replace the wheels. However they are on back order, so I emailed the CEOs office and a lady there said it will be mid September before they will be here. It really is not good enough and is making me think of getting rid and buying a different make.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Really .. least I'm not the only one lolthat's what they are telling me that they are on back order , only ordered me 2 wheels , in the time it's taken to sort those ones I can already see the other 2 are starting. It really is poor quality, my salesman had the cheek to say that I should go pay myself and get them refurbed.. ! Would be grateful if you could update me if you have any luck !

·
Registered
503 Posts
Not good. I wonder if the lacquer on them is not good enough. Wheel wash stuff can be quite corrosive but usually fine if the wheels are decent enough.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah dealer tried blaming that and jet washing but I did remind them they were the original owner as it was demo model lol shame though nice wheels apart from that

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have not used wheel cleaner only used car shampoo a sponge and a soft wheel brushto clean them as there is plenty of space to get to the back of them.The body shop told me they could not do any thing as it was polished alloy and if they were refurbed they would have to send them to a place in or around Birmingham.An opinion I heard was that water was getting under the laquer which is causing the problem. I seem to remember someone on here painted the shiny bits white, which looked quite nice so that could be a last resort I suppose.

·
Registered
2 Posts
All 4 wheels have been replaced while I waited today :)

The dealer - Peoples Ford in Bootle Merseyside - has been great, kept me informed and have been as frustrated as me at the length of time the wheels have taken to get here from the manufacturers.

When I took the car in the service rep said there was also a recall out for trailing link bolts and they will let me know when they have them. Apparently a quick swap job.

Robert
Formerly Robert42

·
Registered
56 Posts
All 4 wheels have been replaced under warranty while I waited, on Wednesday 0:)

The dealer - Peoples Ford in Bootle Merseyside - has been great, kept me informed and have been as frustrated as me at the length of time the wheels have taken to get here from the manufacturers.

When I took the car in the service rep said there was also a recall out for trailing link bolts and let me know today that they have them and want me to call back in the morning to arrange fitting. Apparently a quick swap job.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The 'quick swap' bolts job took around 2.75 hours. The fuel tank had to be moved apparently so they could get at the bolts and it was a new car for them to work on!. I hope there are no more recalls.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts