Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking at 2016 Ecosport same as mine, Zetec trim and some have DAB radios in them and some don't like mine why is this when they are all the same car and the same year ?

·
Registered
822 Posts
I have got a 2016 model and is the base trim Zetec model, and comes without DAB radio, as DAB radio was an optional extra when i bought mine new. i am happy enough with the FM radio and would not pay for an upgrade to DAB :D

So it depends if you bought the car secondhand with whats on it, or there was some technical specification changes in that year, where standard equipment and options changed.

Awful cheap grey seats....
A good example of this is the seating on the base Zetec model. Ford in their ultimate wisdom made the seats partially grey on the bottom of the seat with the rest black, to ensure if you bought a base model you were getting cheap tacky seats, so you would want to upgrade to the next trim model.

I think there was much backlash about the cheap grey seats, and Ford had to change the specification to 'all black' seats, and I got all black seats, I would have not taken those cheap grey seats.

I note now on the new facelift 2017 onwards base model it has all black seats, so Ford has learned their lesson not to make the car look cheap. I hate when car manufacturers do that sort of thing :(

PS...Having said that , I note on the new 2019 facelift model base Zetec trim, Ford are at it again to cheapen the cars looks by making it with unpainted plastic bumpers and not colour co-ordinated bumpers like the other dearer models, Grrh! (My red 2016 Zetec model came with red bumpers)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts