Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking at 2016 Ecosport same as mine, Zetec trim and some have DAB radios in them and some don't like mine why is this when they are all the same car and the same year ?

·
Registered
880 Posts
I have got a 2016 model and is the base trim Zetec model, and comes without DAB radio, as DAB radio was an optional extra when i bought mine new. i am happy enough with the FM radio and would not pay for an upgrade to DAB :D

So it depends if you bought the car secondhand with whats on it, or there was some technical specification changes in that year, where standard equipment and options changed.

Awful cheap grey seats....
A good example of this is the seating on the base Zetec model. Ford in their ultimate wisdom made the seats partially grey on the bottom of the seat with the rest black, to ensure if you bought a base model you were getting cheap tacky seats, so you would want to upgrade to the next trim model.

I think there was much backlash about the cheap grey seats, and Ford had to change the specification to 'all black' seats, and I got all black seats, I would have not taken those cheap grey seats.

I note now on the new facelift 2017 onwards base model it has all black seats, so Ford has learned their lesson not to make the car look cheap. I hate when car manufacturers do that sort of thing :(

PS...Having said that , I note on the new 2019 facelift model base Zetec trim, Ford are at it again to cheapen the cars looks by making it with unpainted plastic bumpers and not colour co-ordinated bumpers like the other dearer models, Grrh! (My red 2016 Zetec model came with red bumpers)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just looking at 2016 Ecosport same as mine, Zetec trim and some have DAB radios in them and some don't like mine why is this when they are all the same car and the same year ?
Got this back from ford. really??? who would order a new ford without a radio fitted??
Thank you for your email dated 27th of April and for taking the time to contact us.

Yes, of course you can.

I can confirm that your vehicle was built without a radio as choice of the person ordering the vehicle.

The DAB radio is standard on vehicles with a radio, this can be specific by customer choice and on this occasion was requested without the radio unfortunately.

I hope this is of assistance.

Should you require assistance with another matter in the future please contact the Ford Customer Relationship Centre on either 0203 564 4444 or [email protected]

·
Registered
3 Posts
Got this back from ford. really??? who would order a new ford without a radio fitted??
Thank you for your email dated 27th of April and for taking the time to contact us.

Yes, of course you can.

I can confirm that your vehicle was built without a radio as choice of the person ordering the vehicle.

The DAB radio is standard on vehicles with a radio, this can be specific by customer choice and on this occasion was requested without the radio unfortunately.

I hope this is of assistance.

Should you require assistance with another matter in the future please contact the Ford Customer Relationship Centre on either 0203 564 4444 or [email protected]
Mines a titanium which i think should be DAB as standard

·
Registered
880 Posts
The problem with Ford is that they are forever changing specifications on different trim models over the years. So you might not have DAB as standard.

As for DAB radio, some models like my own which is a base trim model 2019 and my previous 2016, did not have DAB, I am quite happy with a FM radio. Ford do offer DAB as an optional extra, where it is not standard.

In 2015 things changed with regard the future of DAB.....
There has been a lack of uptake of DAB in general for house use, portable use and car use in 2015 onward's. Here in the UK, DAB was supposed to take over in 2015 with FM being finished by 2022. Now FM in the UK has been reprieved for another 10 years, taking it to 2032. So there are still plenty of cars without DAB, usually they are base models. My Wife's 2019 Smart car has a basic FM radio, but higher trim models offer DAB with touch screen. It has actually been a blessing she got the basic FM radio, as the DAB screen type radio has been very faulty, as mentioned on the Smart forum. Whereas the basic radio works fine, as there is not much to go wrong with it.

I actually have no DAB equipment at all, as the price of DAB radios, portable and house type are still quite expensive, and a FM/AM radio to me does the same job at a cheaper price. I am not that interested in high fidelity. Hence a lot of people must have had the same thoughts as myself, so the lack of DAB uptake over these recent years.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts