Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I’ve recently changed from a Fiesta Titanium to an EcoSport Titanium (69 plate).

My Fiesta would stay tuned to Heart London until I was out of area (usually half way up the M40). My EcoSport insists on playing Heart Surrey regardless of it being tuned to Heart London.

I’ve turned off the regional station setting but to no avail.

I really don’t want to hear ads for a local based dog grooming parlour etc. Or the regional traffic reports.

How can I get it to play Heart London?

Anyone else have this issue?

Apart from that - love my new motor.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Hi and welcome L1ghtn1ng! :D

First of I have the base zetec trim model 2019 and although it has a Sych3 screen it does not have DAB radio it just has FM/AM

MEMORY PRESETS METHOD...
Does your DAB radio not have memory presets like my radio, that will not come out of that station's frequency regardless of reduced or loss of signal. It just plays the station till it becomes to weak to hear, and then it is gone, then you get static the further away you drive from it. It does not shift station. Does yours? it should not.

SCANNING METHOD...
Memory presets is one way to get to a radio station instantly. The other way to get a radio station is by scanning through the frequencies up or down till you get the station you want.

Now I am guessing at this, but does the DAB radio itself move onto a different radio station if the signal gets to weak? I looked at Sych3 info but could not get an answer on this, but maybe it does do that?

Conclusion: I would put your favorite radio stations on memory presets and use the presets only, then it does not shift stations.

·
Registered
38 Posts
AM, who in their right mind listens to this, its not even Stereo 😲, it went out of Fashion in the 1960s, its disgusting cars even have this, in today's modern technology, the price you pay for motors these days DAB should be standard equipment no matter what trim level it is.

·
Registered
278 Posts
A little strong AM, who in their right minds listens to this? DAB has been threatened for a long time with the phasing out of AM, if DAB is so wonderful how come AM is still around. Off subject a bit. We bought a Daewoo Video VHS recorder/player from the Radio Times. 18 mths later could not use it as the good old Beeb had stopped using something. NO compensation tough, this is perhaps why AM is still around because the DAB officinados cant get their act together and NOT everybody delights in some of the tripe that comes from the radio. I am deaf and one of the questions asked when first tested was did I listen to loud music or work noisy machinery. The answer to both was no. Why did they ask this BECAUSE people listen to such as the pop programs at far too high a volume and then whine that they need a hearing aid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Now this old fool has stuck his head above the parapet. Some of us like quieter entertainment.

·
Registered
38 Posts
But the thing is you get a choice on DAB, ie, jazz, classical, country, smooth, rock, and many more, what choices do you get on FM and AM ?, none, you have to listen to all that crap they play all day, when their not Talking all the time 😟

·
Registered
278 Posts
Well, perhaps if you are unhappy with the trim level of the Ecosport you could always have bought a VAG vehicle where it seems everything is extra, then you could have paid for a DAB radio. I am searching for a replacement of the Ecosport. Because I need an auto box I need to prepare well in advance and I was appalled at what some manufacturers consider to be Extras. Our Titanium is pretty well loaded compared with most.
I am sorry Proctor feels aggrieved by the lack of a DAB radio. I should like to know what crap is played all day on AM/FM. There is plenty of choice and from what I have heard of DAB tit too suffers from a surfiet of inane chat on there.

·
Registered
38 Posts
CHOICE ?, on FM, you have to listen to what the DJ,s want you to listen to, and if you like Rock music like myself, what choices do you get, they don't play any it's all that Ed Sheeran and Boy Band crap all day 😟

·
Registered
38 Posts
Speaking of choices on Am+Fm, for rock music lovers how often do they play, Metallica, Megadeth, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath ect ?, never !, on DAB, you have a choice, that's the difference, if you like oldies you put Gold channels on, AM, you might get sing something simple or the Laughing policeman by Charles penrose 😂🤣😂,and FM silky Boy Bands all day 🤨

1 - 8 of 8 Posts