Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone use a dash cam? Got any recommendations? I'm also wondering about hard wiring itinto the car and having it neatly installed. I think this will look better than having wiresall over the windscreen.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have an E-Prance Mini 0801 which I plan to install into the Ecosport.

I've had it now for well over a year and was installed in my previous car and would recommend them. I'm more than happy with mine, has the GPS function so that the videos can sync with Google maps on playback. There are slightly updated versions out there now (Mini 803), better night vision and slightly higher resolution. Here is the review I saw prior to buying it ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdPHXv8Hzj8

·
Registered
7 Posts
hi I have got o g1w cost around £35 had it for just over a year now ,have to add an sd card cost around £10 think it has to be class 6 or above for best results,if you check out the link in kens post the youtube reviewer also reviews this car cam (technoman) he does a long winded review of the car cams in general about 20 mins but it is very informative and he is unbiased with his reviews that's why I bought this model and I'm happy with my choice for the cost etc .ps they have more than likely come down in cost by now , hope this is help cheers

·
Registered
7 Posts
hi sorry for delay in replying not been on forum for a while, I just unplug when getting in/out , I think hard wiring can open a tin of worms, easy enough to plug in and out .cheers

·
Registered
34 Posts
Got a next base dash cam for Xmas halfords hard wired it in for £30 that included all hard wiring kit and fitting they sell hard wire kit for £20 but having watched their technician struggle to get to fuse box on ecosport it was worth tenner for them to fit it,if you have next base cam and still want to do it your self hard wire kit is £9.99 on eBay

·
Registered
0 Posts
Have either of you hard wired them in or do you just unplug them each time you get out?
I had an extra power-point installed in the cubby and had it linked to 'key-power', so only powered when key is turned.. That way no need to hard-wire the cam, and in future if you need to change cams also easy job.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi There, i had a Blackvue dash can fitted, along with one of there power magic boxes, the cam was easy to fit by your self, just hide the wire behind the trim, the power magic box i had fitted and wired into the fuse box, comes on and off by its self now, goes into parking mode and runs for so many hours and turns off, best thing it monitors the battery and turns off if the voltage drops so it dosent flatten the battery, a lot better than plugging it into the lighter socket every time. it one of those tubular ones, you access the videos on you smart phone, works quite well and the video is good, also you can view the video on a pc or laptop.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I have the Nextbase 312GW, also got the polorising filter for it, really good camera!

I wired it to the back power outlet and hid the cables hehind the plastic covers. I have to unplug it each time which is the only annoyance as the ES doesn't kill the power to the sockets.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Maleko I fitted the same as you but bought a power cable with usb and plugged it in by the cigarette lighter it then works with the ignition.
ALLTHEBEST.
AJ

1 - 11 of 11 Posts