Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wish to have front and rear dash cams fitted and hard wired to my Ecosport 2018 plate
Any advice on doing this would be welcome
thanks

·
Registered
816 Posts
You could wire them to the 12V socket, or take them from a fuse in the fuse box, but make sure it is a fuse that cuts out when car is switched off, then cameras are not recording.

Also make sure the connection to the dash cam, can be removed easily and seen that it is removed, as it is now well known that when a car goes in for a service or repair, many car mechanics do not want to be seen working (do they work hard LOL), and they remove or disconnect the dash cam. Best to tell them it is diss-connected when at the service desk.
Its a strange world we live in now :D

Note some other members may come forward telling you of their installation. I have not done it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You could wire them to the 12V socket, or take them from a fuse in the fuse box, but make sure it is a fuse that cuts out when car is switched off, then cameras are not recording.

Also make sure the connection to the dash cam, can be removed easily and seen that it is removed, as it is now well known that when a car goes in for a service or repair many dealerships do not want to be seen working (do they work hard LOL), and they remove or disconnect the dash cam. Best to tell them it is diss-connected when at the service desk.
Its a strange world we live in now :D

Note some other members may come forward telling you of their installation.
Thanks for that - im thinking of having them hard wired and fitted. it would be beyond my ability to do that !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts