Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Everything was rosy, one week in,and the ecosport has developed a fault, this morning got in my car and the dashboard has dropped on the drivers side,where the dashboard meets the front pillar, it has dropped,leaving a gap between the trims.!
So without further a due, I went to the dealership this afternoon,Three engineers took an initial look to ascertain why, what,how....this had happened! It was taken into the workshop,two and a half hours later,the service manager appeared and the problem NOT resolved.They tried new trim,no good,tried to lift the dashboard, no good! So they have taken pictures of this and are contacting "THEM"( ford uk hq) to find out what to do!
The more alarming picture is the service manager stated "this appears to be a common fault"
My car is a week old,can anyone give me some advise on how I stand -with a fault that cannot be repaired?Edited by: Mitch

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update, my Eco goes in tomorrow (2days) to rectify (a common fault) dashboard is warped or dropped.I have reassurances from the dealership director that this will be rectified- watch this space! Mitch

·
Registered
503 Posts
Sorry to hear this Mitch. I wonder if its a common fault in the UK or in India or somewhere?
I'm guessing some bolts securing it in have snapped off or something, hopefully they can rectify it quickly for you.
Let us know how you get on and if you can find out what the issue was.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi all,
Took my ecosport into the dealership today(they gave me a focus ecoboost on loan, that's another story....) anyway it's now 5pm and the service manager has just given me a call.
It is lead to believe that the dashboard has been "warped" in storage or transportation from heat in the Indian sun, and a new complete dashboard has been ordered (from Germany?) and can take up to six weeks to arrive, until then ford have made it 90% better than what it was! And I can collect it tomorrow. He did say they are aware of others! With similar dashboard alignment problems.will update after collection tomorrow. (The reason for the fault is quite unbelievable, are ecosport's in India melting as we speak?)Edited by: Mitch

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well the dealership had managed to correct my dashboard, but it's only 90%-so they have ordered a new dashboard( comes in one unit apparently) I decided to drive home (25 miles) as most economically as I could and to my surprise the avg MPG according to the trip was 64.4 mpg so well happy with that! Must praise the dealership, they filled my tank full,for my inconvenience.

·
Registered
503 Posts
That's good of them, nice to see a positive report from a dealership. Hopefully they can get the new dash in quickly and easily enough when it finally gets here.

·
Registered
76 Posts
This case looks like a factory defect! I've heard of previous cases where the dash not only dropped but cracked down the centre of the dash. You should be compensated for this and given a replacement EcoSport and your current Ecosport should be re-evaluated at the factory to find out why this happened! This kind of problem is beyond a simple light not working..
Cheers!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi all,
Looking for some advice please guys-my ES is now 4 months old and the dealership has still not sourced a new dashboard( they made several phone calls apologising but no action) what would you do in this situation as the fault is only cosmetic but you buy new you expect new! Your views are very welcome MitchEdited by: Mitch

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yeah. I'm not to sure man. Looks like you're in a bit of a dilemma. Is your ES not under warranty or is cosmetic problems not under warranty? The only thing I can think of is finding a way to contact the factory directly and making an up front and personally complaint about the situation. To be honest, the dealership should have dealt with this for you a long time ago. I'm guessing you should wait I out a little bit and if they don't take any action, then, you will have to take some serious actions!
P.S. Maybe even have a different mechanic that specializes in Ford vehicles to take a look at it maybe they might have a solution!
Cheers!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I would get onto Ford Customer Service and get them to deal with it. Firstly, they might be aware of your case but this way you willknow that they are aware for sure andsecondlythey are the ones you can ensure that a replacement is ordered. They should giveyou a reference number.Also by going this way you would have more chance of getting a replacement or refund if you were to go that far.With regards to the fault. If the ES is made in the same way as Nissan make the Juke/Qashqui etc at Sunderland the dash is just pushed/clipped in. There are no screws holding it in place. It takes them no more than 3 seconds to fit. So ifyours is warped it will have to be replaced.Lazy

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys for your welcomed advise-I'll certainly look at your suggestions many thanks mitch

·
Registered
503 Posts
100% its time to go above the dealership, straight onto Ford customer services, explain the issue and the lack of progress from your dealer.
Also, why not push it as a safety issue, dash dropped means positioning of airbags has changed and may not help in the event of an impact?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Lazy said:
I would get onto Ford Customer Service and get them to deal with it. Firstly, they might be aware of your case but this way you willknow that they are aware for sure andsecondlythey are the ones you can ensure that a replacement is ordered. They should giveyou a reference number.Also by going this way you would have more chance of getting a replacement or refund if you were to go that far.With regards to the fault. If the ES is made in the same way as Nissan make the Juke/Qashqui etc at Sunderland the dash is just pushed/clipped in. There are no screws holding it in place. It takes them no more than 3 seconds to fit. So ifyours is warped it will have to be replaced.Lazy
I've watched them do this (also at the Nissan Factory) and whist yeah they have a robot to assist in getting the dash in place I'm not convinced a local dealer will be able to remove and replace quite so easily....

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi guys- as you know My dashboard is warped and today I recieved a call from the dealerships service manager it's been 5 months, but at last some head way- a new dashboard is being flown from India for my car and Ford/ dealership are to offer me compensation for my unpresidented long wait.So hopefully come mid-March my ES will be repaired and I will be reimbursed (by what means I don't know yet) for my inconvenience.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,
just had our ecosport in at the dealer and they won?t even look at the dashboard as it?s classed as ?trim? and therefore isn?t covered under warranty!!

I know the car only has 6 months warranty left but surely this is more than trim, the drop is more noticeable on the passenger side and I must admit when purchasing the car I assumed the pillar trim just needed clicking back in place.

Does anyone know how to raise the dash back up a bit to make it look a bit better? I?ve contacted ford UK and they were less than useless as I?m the second owner.

Thanks
Richard

·
Registered
855 Posts
Assuming the dash looks too bad, and you cannot live with it, after spending good money to buy the car...

You should now write an email to Ford HQ telling them the story, and that you want to rejected the car, as there has been delaying tactics over this, ie, the time for your local dealer to get a new dash from India and then your local dealer suddenly has now refused to fit it as they say its trim not covered by warranty (but in reality its a big costly job).

I would write the email to Ford HQ, giving them an option to either give you a new car or another dealer to fit the new dash. I would not let them off as you mentioned the unsightly flaw of the dash when you got the car.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts