Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pick up my new 2018 Ecosport next week and would like to fit a hardwired dashcam. Done them on other cars so know the drill, just want to get everything ordered in advance.
Can anyone confirm the best fuse to piggy back off please? ie something that goes off with the ignition. Also, the size of fuse used.
Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I do not have the latest Ecosport, so do not know if 12V socket (cigarette socket) goes off with ignition, but if so, you could use that supply either with a plug into the socket, or permanent connection into its wiring behind dash.
Use scotch connectors to tee in.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi
On my 2018 model I just plugged it into the USB port. Not hard wired. Easy to hide wire.
Goes off after locking doors.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Colin, Noz
I've literally just come in after fitting it and saw Noz's reply. I had already bought the hardwire kit and was waiting for dashcam to arrive.

When I saw that the car had 2 USB sockets I thought the same as you Noz: use one of them as long as they power off with ignition, which they do.
So that's where I have connected mine. Just curious though, where did you run your cable? I have it going to left of window, tucked behind rubber door seal, behind fusebox, but then its on show for that last 1 foot or so between USB socket and upper side of upper foot well. I've temporally fixed that bit with black tape, but looking for ideas for something better. How did you do it?
If I find it gets in the way I may still hardwire, but will see how this setup goes first.

Also, in case anyone is interested, I have the ROAV C1. Works well and has everything you need bar memory card in the box.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dashcam wire.

Hi mrx,
I have come down left hand side under glove compartment and onto the USB port.
Yes you can see last foot of wire. maybe try to hide it later, but looks ok.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts