Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I’m after an Ecosport. Can anyone clarify something for me. On a mark 2 Ecosport where are the daytime running lights. Are they in the signature headlamps or in the fog lamps by the bumper. Had conflicting info.

·
Registered
278 Posts
One comment regarding DRL's drivers seem to think that DRLs are all that is necessary in inclement weather. What amazes me is just how many do NOT realise that DRLs are only on the front and not the rear. Perahps Volvo's fault for their system that both front and rear lights were displayed when the vehicle was being driven. Why oh Why when DRLs are fitted did they not have the rears illuminated at the same time. Is this yet another EU mess up?

·
Registered
817 Posts
We in the UK are not in the EU anymore, but we still have their previous legalisation to live with.
But at least now we have no Euro sausage here! :D

Agree, DRL's are a can of worms where some makes of cars just have the front lit up, and other makes have front and back.

Where the big problem lies with front DRL's only, is that it can confuse drivers at night thinking all their lights are on, but only the front are on and the dash is lit up which confuses things as well. This leaves them open to getting smashed up the rear end.

The way I look at it, is not thinking I have DRL's at all, and when its night i automatically put the lights on, so the back is lit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 66 plate ecosport and its DRL seem to be at the bottom that do look like fog lights.... if I switch it over to (parking lights, dipped lights) you get the nice looking ford signature leds. Most of the time I keep it on that instead because it looks more modern. I have read that in the manual if you keep using that light it will kill the battery ! Has anyone ever replaced the DRL at the bottom with led to give it a more modern look ??

Thanks 🙂

·
Registered
278 Posts
Not strictly on subject BUT having a Titanium with auto lights I did wonder at first about their sensitivity. Except on a couple of occasions the auto lights have worked even picking up a good old west country mist. At first when the lights came on all that was shown were two lights in the bottom of the binnacle not indicating if Head or side which I now know it is headlights. As an aside I was a little careful with the Ford auto lights but truth to tell they are much better than the Honda ones.
As Colin says treat the DRLs as if they were not there and all will be well!!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts