Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Just to say that the dealer has just advised me that my new 1.5 TDCi Titanium Ecosport, (Moon dust silver) has been released to them and they will be doing pre-delivery and registration over the next two days and that I can collect on Monday 12 January 2015! Hope I am not disappointed after debating this for a while. Was only expecting delivery after 17 January so early delivery is a nice surprise. Will keep you posted on my impressions.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi Splinterfinger,I do hope that you enjoy your new car. I had a phone call last week to tell me that mine was coming early as well. I have now been given the date of "1st Feb but might be earlier". Would you please post a photo or two as I am interested to see what people from different countries get as standard. Lazy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will do. I must say noticed that different countries seemed to have different features. I know some have reverse sensing as an option, but is standard in South Africa on Titanium.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi
Yes, I have had it 8 days now and am thoroughly enjoying it. It took me a few days to get used to a different style of driving the diesel engine, but now am finding the right revs to change gear and it is great. I really enjoy the auto rear view dimming at night (Not had that feature before) and as I wear multi-focal glasses, cars with bright lights behind me at night used to really create difficulties. I have not yet taken any pics for others to see the variations in the South African model but will do so. I am also keen to measure the fuel consumption, but need to go through a tank or two to get a better average. Only been driving in the city so far.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Picked mine up 2 days ago. Yellow Titanium X with 1Lt Ecoboost engine.Loving the colour, it's bright.I am very happy with the engine and the drive is good. The seats are a little harderthan most but I find them very comfortable. No gripes yet and hope none will present themselves. trying to get the rear windows tinted and had a couple of reasonable quotes. Will look at doing a short review in a couple of weeks with a comparison to the Juke.Will also try and get some photos taken on Sunday and post them. Lazy.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Splinterfinger said:
Hi
Yes, I have had it 8 days now and am thoroughly enjoying it. It took me a few days to get used to a different style of driving the diesel engine, but now am finding the right revs to change gear and it is great. I really enjoy the auto rear view dimming at night (Not had that feature before) and as I wear multi-focal glasses, cars with bright lights behind me at night used to really create difficulties. I have not yet taken any pics for others to see the variations in the South African model but will do so. I am also keen to measure the fuel consumption, but need to go through a tank or two to get a better average. Only been driving in the city so far.
Thanks for the update Splinterfinger, glad you are enjoying it so far. I look forward to seeing your pictures in due course.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Lazy said:
Picked mine up 2 days ago. Yellow Titanium X with 1Lt Ecoboost engine.Loving the colour, it's bright.I am very happy with the engine and the drive is good. The seats are a little harderthan most but I find them very comfortable. No gripes yet and hope none will present themselves. trying to get the rear windows tinted and had a couple of reasonable quotes. Will look at doing a short review in a couple of weeks with a comparison to the Juke.Will also try and get some photos taken on Sunday and post them. Lazy.
Just looked at your pictures, it certainly is bright! lol.
It will look good with tinted windows, a bit like Bumble Bee from the transformers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts