Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone
another newbie here, i have only had my ecosport for a week and i love it,
haven't had the chance to take any photos yet ( had to do work things ).
i have the 2015 1 LTR eco boost titanium.
can anyone tell me how to make the dash lights brighter as there is no dimmer switch !!!!!!.
i will try and upload some photos this weekend of the interior.
sorry if i,m going over old ground, :eek: but i will find more time to look over the forum
Thanks
Chipsy

·
Registered
853 Posts
Usually car owners complain about dash lights being far too bright, so either a dimmer switch is needed or going back a decade or two, Ford fitted a simple dash lights on/off switch (that was on my Ford Capri).

But your wanting the dash lights brighter and not off :D

Not sure why yours are so dull?

If you do not have a dimmer switch that is at the moment in a dim position on 2015 model spec (just make sure its not hidden away somewhere, check your manual or phone your nearest dealer and ask), then you would have to take the dash console out of the car and replace the dash lights with brighter ones.

You can either get brighter element bulbs or brighter LED's off ebay or car store shop. Its not an easy job though to take the dash console out of any car.

EDIT....Another option would be to fit a bright LED to either side of the dash sides, looking at the display, but with a hood on each of them so you do not see the light, you would need to wire them through a switch or a dimmer.
(like a small version of a car numberplate light).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dimmer switch

hi Colin
Mmmm, seems a bit drastic as the car isn't even 3 years old yet,

i think i might go back to the Ford dealer and find out if there is a switch or on screen display that i haven't found yet, ( i like my dash lights bright when i,m night driving.
but thanks for your input and hope to catch up with you again;)

·
Registered
289 Posts
There's a dimmer switch on the same panel as the head lights/fog lights switch, little wheel that rotates to make the dash brighter/dimmer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts