Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a ford Eco sport in Nov 2014 and 1 month down the line I had to have a complete new battery due to a dead cell. 6 months into ownership someone very kindly banged into my car whilst parked up and ripped the two offside doors along the bottom and hit the wheel which was then twisted. All this happened on 6th June. 4 months down the line I am still without my car due to no parts in the country. First it was a sil and time wait was 2 months. Then a steering rack was ordered and another wait of 4 weeks. This did not solve the problem so they then ordered a steering column which is now on back order. I have complained to everyone. I have a complaint with ford and my insurance which is being dealt with by the financial ombudsman. Ford did not tell me that oh should you have an accident there are no parts in the country and you will be waiting months. I cannot believe all of this and it has taken its toll. I hope no one out there has a bump in one of these cars as it is truly a disgrace.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sorry to hear of your troubles, other than the accident has the Ecosport been OK for you?

What are your insurance company doing? Are the loaning you a car? I suspect this might increase peoples premiums if there are no parts available to repair it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Have there been any developments in getting your car sorted? Has anyone else had problems getting parts? Surely Ford should provide you with a car to drive while yours is sorted of availability of parts is the problem?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry all for delay in getting back. I have left all calls for a while so decided today to give ford Kidderminster a call. Car still sitting on forecourt with no sign of when part will be in country or no date. Guy there said in all his working life has never known anything like it. I called ford c services who sent me a form to fill in so they can chase the part. Phoned insurance but basically I just have to wait for the part. Had my final response from ombudsman to say that I have been dealt with fairly? I have been given a Vauxhall corsa which I loath. I liked the ford eco sport very much but I am not impressed with ford at all. Soon be 5 months and now it's due for its first service which has been paid for.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Sounds like your insurance company has been fair - it's Ford who have cock£d up here and not fixed it properly or ensured supply of spares properly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts