Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a 2018 plate diesel with only 22000 on the clock. Just to clarify I'm not overweight, I'm around 16.5 stone & 6ft 1in.

The drivers seat had been to soft/worn (just the seat base/pad) so I took it under warranty back to the dealers and they said nothing was wrong & the seat was ok.

When the next service was due I again complained and asked for the seat to be looked at & I wanted a report on the seat as I was not happy.
The dealers response was that they will take a look but "There are no set tests to do & they are not sure what they can do."
I said ok take a look but what I am not going to accept is "some fat arsed garage mechanic," sitting on the seat & claiming it was ok." :)

Anyway they agreed to replace it under warranty. A new pad was ordered & the seat was certainly better after it was replaced.

Now 1 year later, out of warranty, the seat has reverted to its to soft & uncomfortable state & im wondering if the pad was actually replaced. Probably just me being suspicious

as it has only done 22000, im wondering if anyone else has anyone else had this problem or any probably with the pad on the front seat... its annoying me so much that I am thinking of taking it to be upholstered again. but NOT with the dealer...

any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Your wondering if they actually changed the seat pad.....I sometimes wonder myself if mechanics actually do a procedure that is hidden to us. That's why when I put a car in for a service, I mark the oil filter with a mark using a screwdriver, so I can see it has actually been changed after the service. It is easy enough to see if the oil is new. So they do change that. I have had to confront dealers in the past for not changing the oil filter, and still charging for it. Mechanics can be a lazy bunch of ......

If you look using 'search box' there has been complaints over the years about some of the cloth seats wearing fast, depending on your trim model. Here is one thread below where the owner got new cloth covers replaced under the warranty period. (cloth covers are listed in the Ford Ecosport spares catalogue).

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your wondering if they actually changed the seat pad.....I sometimes wonder myself if mechanics actually do a procedure that is hidden to us. That's why when I put a car in for a service, I mark the oil filter with a mark using a screwdriver, so I can see it has actually been changed after the service. It is easy enough to see if the oil is new. So they do change that. I have had to confront dealers in the past for not changing the oil filter, and still charging for it. Mechanics can be a lazy bunch of ......

If you look using 'search box' there has been complaints over the years about some of the cloth seats wearing fast, depending on your trim model. Here is one thread below where the owner got new cloth covers replaced under the warranty period. (cloth covers are listed in the Ford Ecosport spares catalogue).

==≠=======

My seats are leather, and I usually go for leather when changing cars.. you would have thought they would have this kind of think sorted by now. The actual leather is ok, it's the cushion padding I'm not happy with... I've always thought seat bases should be designed to be interchangeable... Oh well I suppose it's of to a garage (in the next 12 months) that can provide a decent seat base...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts