Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

Just thought I'd introduce myself. My wife ordered a blue EcoSport Titanium 1.0 with parking sensors in mid-February and were told the car was released for shipping on 28 February for delivery mid-April. The car was pre-ordered by the dealer and we had a choice of blue or black. I think the blacks also had the X pack, which put an extra £1000 onto the price, so we opted for blue instead.

Having read through the forums, it would appear that the first cars to arrive in UK are limited editions in black which are due to dealers in April or May. A couple of dealers are advertising that 'the new EcoSport has arrived'. Is the first batch in UK already?

We can't wait to take delivery, especially as the car is going to be so rare initially!

Dave

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi
We ordered ours in October of last year and at that point we were the 3rd to order,spoke to dealer a fortnight ago (sussex) and as you say shipment has left bound for uk.we are getting titanium 1.5 in white so in answer to your post no its not just the limited editions arriving April/May...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There's conflicting information about our car. Apparently the dealer is expecting two EcoSports (blue and black). One of them is on its way to Flushing for QA checks and 'Europeanisation', whilst the other is dockside in Chennai.

The dealer has no idea which one is where...

We hope to find out more next Tuesday when the ship is due to arrive. One suggestion has been that the EcoSports then go to Cologne for QA which would fit in with them arriving in UK end of April

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi all
well just had a conflab with our dealer and wooohoooo its getting closer,
current location is ANTWERP BELGUIM so looking promising for May

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello All
I am waiting for my new EcoSport which is currently being shipped from India. The arrival date was set for 31/5/14 my order was placed on 23/12/13 I have now been told it won't arrive until 28/6/14. I wondered if anyone has spoken to Ford to ask why there has been such a delay?
I keep wondering if it will be worth it!
Villegirl

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We've been told that only the Limited Edition cars will be arriving in UK in April, with the next batch arriving a month later. Ours will allegedly be in the second batch, but I'll believe that when the car is sat on the driveway!

You would think that a company like Ford would be able to manage a car launch, on a scheduled date, wouldn't you?

Evans Halshaw in Manchester are advertising a 'used' 63-plate blue EcoSport Titanium with 340 miles on the clock on Auto Trader. It is allegedly available this month for £13,500. I wonder when that arrived?

·
Registered
48 Posts
had a call the other day and ours has left Antwerp and is on schedule for may,
all the sales reps went on a course Monday just gone not entirely sure where it was butthey had at least 15 ecosports there for them all to have a go in....so yes there are some in the country lol and there was also one at the festival of speed at goodwood last year.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi I've just been told my car has arrived at the Dealer. Last week I was told that the delivery date had been deferred to June, so that was a nice surprise.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Wow, congrats Red, looks like you'll be one of the first :)

On a less positive note, I spoke to the brokers through whom I ordered my 1.5 DCI, ...Ford informed them that my car was awaiting gate release,still in India!!!Expected delivery date 'no later than' 19th July!!!!!! :-( :-( :-( not a happy bunny

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Our car was gate released in mid February and we still have no idea when it will arrive. Delivery has gone from midApril to end of April. Then put back to end of May and now looking at sometime in June.

Heck. I could push the car from India in less time...

·
Registered
18 Posts
The LTD EDTN are mostly in the country now, but there are so many reports that the next batch is not expected to land until June. I collected my LTD on Tuesday and I am still in love

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi MarcIts good to hear you are still in love with your new car after reading a post that one chap wasn't happy with his and that it was going back,but maybe he should of read the specifications of the car first...that was one of the first things we did lol.
Spoke to our dealer Friday and he reckons on another 3 weeks then we should have our motor,sooo looking forward to it as its been a looonnnngggg wait.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi allI've had my ecosport for a few days now. Its the limited edition x pack. The quality and finishing of the car are fine - some elements a little plasticky, but not as much as I had expected from the reviews - perhaps some adjustments were made in Europe when being quality checked. In truth, it should really have had the full-on Sony Dab stereo and the finish that you'd normally get in a titanium spec ford in the UK - that would have made it outstanding. However, it'sreally niceto drive - not too much body roll considering the height of the car - the steering is very light - a bit like the Fiesta when parking, but it's like that most of the time.That takes some getting used to, but it's not awful, it feels pretty good when cornering. The boot space is good for this size carand the door opening is very neatly designed. Overall I'm pleased withthe car - it's what I wanted and does the job for me and it's nice to have something different. It'snot as fantastic as it could have been if the finishing touches had been of a higher standard, but it's still good. I love the way it automatically links to my phone and starts playing my music from where it left off, without me even taking the phone out of my pocket. That never gets boring....... haven't even listened to the radio since I got it, so who cares about DAB for now........

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Our local dealer phoned over the weekend to say that they had a Titanium X Ltd in the showroom and would we like to have a look. This was the first EcoSport we've actually seen so it was interesting to see the car 'in the metal'.

On the whole I was quite impressed. Ok, it's not as well finished as a similar spec Kuga or Mondeo, but it costs a lot less! A few bits of trim were really cheap and nasty though!

My wife was really nervous about viewing the car - "what if I don't like it?" - but had nothing to worry about. She loved it. When does hers arrive? Erm... 'Probably end of May' said the dealer, adding 'according to the system, though, it's still in India!'

When we ordered it in February, we were told it would arrive in 6 weeks...

Following day we had a day out... and saw an EcoSport on the road! Now that's REALLY rubbing salt in the wounds...

·
Registered
48 Posts
still on sign of ours....emailed rep yesterday and he said its still showing in Antwerp,getting frustrated now as no one seems to know when its going to arrive....was told that the manager is going to call ford Monday (tomorrow) which don't make much sense lol or am I being thick?whether we get any updates from that will remain to be seen,not holding out much hope for a delivery this month!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Pleased to meet you Red. I've just picked up my limited edition 1.5 TDCI yesterday. Loving it at the moment

Out of curiosity I've noticed an unusual hissing noise from drivers footwell on engine idle but goes when driving or just been driven. It's slightly irritating and I'll inquire at the dealership this week. I don't think it's aircon or buffeting of wind but more like a gas cylinder filling up. Wondered if you've had similar noise?

Hope to hear from you. Cheers Dan.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi DanI haven't been getting a hissing noise when idling or at least I haven't noticed it - that might be because I've got music playing quite loudly though.I was warned that the engine would sound different and it might take awhile to get used toit. Hope you getit sorted - let me know how you get on.Red

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi mate. Cheers for reply. Yeah I'm loving the car and the tech in car with the spotify app on my galaxy s4 works great with system. I think the clarity of sound for the hands free is great.

The hissing do you think it could be the air on system or turbo valve as it's a 1.5 TDCI because today it was constant and varied in loudness whilst driving and idle. I'll get it sorted by dealership and book it in this week. Especially as it's under warranty for engine parts. Bit annoying but I expected a few teething probs cause it's so new and not really tested. Most dealerships have only had the Ecoboost 1.0l not any of the larger engines. They put me on Ford Gold Reward Card and because I'm one of the first in Essex to drive I think I'm their Guinea pig at the moment in terms of feedback. Dealership says I was the talk of Ford at Dunton and Essex Auto Group. They have to go on the Sync training this week. Lol cause it's all so new nobody knows much about it. That's a good and a bad thing.

How's your car? Hope your having fun. Be good to keep each other posted early on if we can on new things and feedback. Good for others just getting there's. Catch up soon. Dan.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts