Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there is an aftermarket eco blu conversion for a 14 plate 1.5 ES
Sorry if this has been ask before I have look but could not find anything.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Ecoblue.....I am just assuming here that we are talking Ford Ecoblue diesel engines which are to meet EU6 emisions regulations.

Your 14 plate EU5 car does not need to meet these newer EU6 regulations, and have no idea why you want such a conversion.

I may not be talking about what you want, as there is very little information in your question to go by, but here is just a little information on adblue diesel cars for others to read, and why I intend to ditch my wife's diesel car and get back to all cars being petrol as EU6 diesels are far to complex and have added running expenses.
...(I have a 1.5 petrol Ecosport).

If I am taking this question the wrong way, then do not bother continuing reading :D

Why not to buy a EU6 diesel...

Adblue additive (essentially pig urine) is a requirement of EU6, it is sprayed into the exhaust system to reduce emissions, and is causing a lot of problems with EU6 diesel cars, as time goes on.....

Adblue is expensive, and some cars eat the stuff, far more than was expected, and without it, there is a liquid sensor that tells there is none left in the adblue filler tank and the car will not start. So you do have to buy the stuff.

Secondly, and again expensive, many EU6 engine designs are diluting the engine oil very quickly as there are more burn cycles of the PDF filter to remove soot in EU6, hence more fuel contaminants ends up mixed with sump oil during burn cycles, the Range rover Evoque ingenium diesel, is a good example, where now there are sump oil sensors telling owners the percentage of contaminants in the oil, and it then flashes up a warning that it needs a oil and filter change, far more regulary than designed, OK under warranty, but expense after that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts