Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, have taken delivery of a 2021 Ecosport St Line. Does anyone know if the steering column should have a gaiter that covers it? Mine doesn't, which means that the column is exposed.
Also the ambient lighting cannot change colour :rolleyes: I

·
Registered
933 Posts
Welcome to the forum :D

Here is mine, a 2019 1.0 petrol with manual box and no gaiter. Even my 2016 had no gaiter. Sorry I cannot help you with ambient lighting as I do not have it as I have the base model. Someone will likely tell you soon on here if it can change colour or not.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Oh well, no-one came back to you on ambient lighting,
so I will have a go at it :D

Here is a video on ambient lighting on facelift model (mid 2017 onwards) assuming you have this colour option. I hope you can understand the Indian language, he he. If not you can see what to do visually, step by step.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Hi, have taken delivery of a 2021 Ecosport St Line..... View attachment 2122
I just noticed in your picture you have sound deadening insulation under the carpet on your ST-line, and on my base model I do not have that, as i can see the steel base behind the gap in the carpet (as in my picture above). So that's another thing missing on my car to save Ford on build cost. Grrh!. Ford cheapskates. Just have to turn the radio up to cut down on road noise :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Dexter, I have no gaiter on mine either . As for ambient lighting, that maybe another thing they've done away with on the ST Line :(

Colin, you have sport pedals, the new ST Line no long come equipped with them. In fact, most things that used to equipped on the ST Line have been done away with, The Active model seems better equipped now.

Attachments

·
Registered
933 Posts
..Colin, you have sport pedals, the new ST Line no long come equipped with them. In fact, most things that used to equipped on the ST Line have been done away with, The Active model seems better equipped now.
Your right, as my car was an ex-demo, it came with a few modifications. I noticed it right away as it was not the usual rubber pedals. Only downside is when you have wet shoes, as you can skid off the metal pedals. So I try to dry the soles on the carpet matt first :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts