Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone !</font> As a new owner in China of a Blue EcoSport 1 Litre Boost I can say that I am very happy so far with the vehicle. I say , so far, because I have done only 280 km's in it. After waiting 2.5 months for delivery I am not disappointed. Sure there are things that could be better, but it drives so well, such a tractable engine, is very quiet, stops well even with rear drum brakes and the looks, well, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, right ? The interior does have a lot of plastic but I think it looks fine and it has heaps of storage. Dan24 makes some great comments so go check them out. (http://www.ecosportownersclub.co.uk/forum/new-ecosport-owner-from-south-africa_topic66.html) Mine looks the same as his, LHD though, the blue is a lovely colour compared to the other choices available, personal preference !</font> However being an Australian driving in China and buying a car here has presented me with a problem. The Owners Manual and Service books are in Chinese. My Chinese is not that good so if anyone can help me out, preferably with a downloadable English language version of both I would be very grateful !! I have tried Ford in various places and Ford here is looking also but perhaps because it is such a new car, nothing has eventuated.</font> cheers to all</font> Howard</font>
Edited by: Howard

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi Howard,
welcome to the forum.
I am from Germany and also provide a EcoSport Forum there. Writing here is no competition to this forum. In fact, as I might say so, we support each other, so that at the end we all are happy.
Now to your question:
here a link for a German version, but if you look for a familiar url you certainly find the english verion as well:
manuals in German
http://www.ford.de/Rund-um-den-Service/Betriebsanleitungen?selectedYear=2013&selectedModel=EcoSport+-+BW+%28B515%29

her the web site I had been looking at, its headed with all about service / overview
http://www.ford.de/Rund-um-den-Service/ImUeberblick

The manuals are called Bedienungsanleitungen in German.

Hope this has been at least some kind of help

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks toSU-CH-Kuga, I was able to cut and paste to Google translate, as my German is pitiful, like my Chinese. It was helpful but I have found nothing like that site you suggested in English. Maybe it's too new a vehicle ( 1 Litre Turbo ) for such material to available yet, although Ford Germany has managed it so why not the rest ?? I would still like an English language version so I download and print out. Thanks again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HiSU-CH-Kuga, You're a legend for following this up so quickly, much kudos to you ! In fact the link was for the 2014 vehicle and only had Sync, etc but when I changed it back to 2013 I got the lot ! Thanks again Howard

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi Howard
LUCKY YOU!!! LOL
We have yet to see one here in the UK, I spoke to our dealer today and was told that their demonstrator hasn't even been built yet! so your two and half month wait was well good! we ordered ours in October last year and seems we have an even longer wait!
Still its nice to know your not disappointed with yours..

·
Registered
69 Posts
The India plant building the EcoSport certainly has much do do. As I heard today the due to the incomming orders the production line is working to capacity to the end of August !!
Working at max capacity and our vehicles are sold in India, China , Vietman , .....

The dealers don't even have one for test driving or just to look at and try them out in the show rooms

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hello Everyone, I see many are in possession of their respective EcoSports. I just wanted to update you on my experiences since my purchase, now over one year ago! Recapping, I bought, after a long wait, an EcoSport Titanium 1 Litre Turbo 5 speed. I am in China and the roads here vary from Motorway/Freeways to Goat tracks. I recently clocked over the 10,000 kms which has been predominately suburban driving. As an example my 'average speed' indicated just 34 kms/hr. Whilst I have had mostly automatics in previous vehicles, I was initiated in the world of driving in manual transmissions, mostly 3 on the tree, so you will be able to guess how long I have been driving. The 5 speed is very easy to use and combined with the low down torque of the 1 litre, driving in the city environment is no chore at all. This vehicle will pull from 1500 rpms in 4th gear without any complaints at all. I'm not recommending you do this regularly, I'm just giving my experience. Being a small SUV based upon the Fiesta chassis makes for a small foot print on the road, parking and emissions wise. All good points for city driving. On a recent Freeway trip of about 4.5 hours, the vehicle showed 5 litres per 100 kms on the gauge with an average speed of 98kms. This included one traffic jam, one fuel stop and some roadwork's areas with a reduced speed zone. Maximum speed zones on this trip included some of 120 kms/hr which I could have easily surpassed if needed. The front seats are very comfortable although I have sat in the back once on a short trip, I am not sure if they would be OK for an extended journey. For two people the luggage area is adequate, mind you I don't pack a lot of stuff. So as an overall assessment of my EcoSport, I am very happy with my purchase. If any one has any specific questions about the car or driving in China, let me know and I'll answer asap. Strangely I am still having trouble finding an English language version of the Service Booklet for the Ecosport. One of the members here,SU-CH-Kuga</font>,put me in the right direction for the 'Owner's Manual' but the 'Service Manual' still eludes me. I just need the servicing interval and what is done at each service. Maybe someone has a book and could email me the relevant pages? Cheers to everyone Howard

1 - 10 of 10 Posts