Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had a new ecosport in the zetec model and can confirm if the seats have the grey tip to them or as per the pictures in the ebrouchure like a charcoal colour?

Ive ordered my ecosport and no offence to anyone that likes it but I hate the grey tip and didn't realise it was on the older ecosports and took what was in the brochure.

·
Registered
838 Posts
The seats spec seems to change every year.

My 2016 Zetec seats are cloth and all black, with black interior, though I do have the 1.5i petrol engine instead of the 1.0 newer petrol engine. So do not know if that has anything to do with the choice of trim given.

I do like all black though :D

·
Registered
838 Posts
My last post was timed out, so here is a new post, but not what you want, by the sounds of it...

Here is the latest picture for 2017 zetex cloth trim, with the grey highlights on seat base and seat back....

So you may get this 2017 trim or all black 2016 trim, not sure.

If you get grey, you could always get it professionally stained black :D

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers matey! Sounds like that's what I'm getting but I guess my ass will be on it lol! Just prefer dark interiors that's all - less to easily stain and it also shows the cockpit lights up more.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Yes, the lightness of the cloth would worry me.

My daughter has a base PURE model Smart fortwo, and it came with light grey seats, and I had to eventually buy her the top of the range Passion black patterned seats off ebay secondhand, just to stop her complaining about how dirty the grey seats get.

Set me back £120 for the two seats, just to make her happy, grhh!

·
Registered
179 Posts
It does look like that's a magnet for dirt. Thing is it doesn't seem to colour code with any other part of the car so I'm not sure I see the point in them doing it.

·
Registered
838 Posts
It does look like that's a magnet for dirt. Thing is it doesn't seem to colour code with any other part of the car so I'm not sure I see the point in them doing it.
Its because it highlights the cheapest trim car and they want to make you buy the next trim up instead.

@JonnyB-Max, what finish did you actually get on your seats?

·
Registered
838 Posts
Those seats look fine, Jonny, a lot more black than I expected to see.

Its funny how interior trim specs change all the time.

·
Registered
838 Posts
It seems Ford have taken note of complaints (or poor sales) over duel tone seats (light/dark) on the Zetec trim of early 2017 Ecosport which made it look basic trim, and now have reverted back on the 2018 Ecosport to an all dark seat, and looks far better.

Here are the trims for all 2018 models, and now the Zetec trim does not look like a base model.

Its always been a sales gimmick to put people off buying basic trim, by some means, especially if seats look poor, so they will move up a trim, but it backfires if people cannot afford the next model up, but do not like duel tone seats, so walk away to a competitor make of car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts