Ford Ecosport Forum banner

EcoSport - any problems yet?

6K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  ecoman77 
Very pleased with our EcoSport and glad to say it's running great!

The only problems have been minor / cosmetic -

Slight blemishes in the paint. The dealer offered to re spray but the number of them would mean almost every panel so we decided against it

Windscreen wipers needed replacing after only 5 months (2500 miles)

Headlamp bulbs were useless so upgraded to Philips Xtreme Vision so we can see where we're going now! Edited by: xn85

The blemishes are under the topcoat and weren't immediately apparent when we took delivery. They're only really noticeable in certain light conditions / angles and almost look like thumb prints under the lacquer. I only noticed them when cleaning the car and expected them to polish out (they didn't). After waiting 4 months for delivery they are not significant enough to reject the car and we decided we didn't want individual panels re spraying. The blemishes bother me far less than any poor colour match would!!

We're really happy with our EcoSport and will probably buy another when our lease is up. It's not perfect but certainly not deserving of all the harsh reviews! We looked at a number of its rivals before ordering ours and they all had their own pros and cons. The EcoSport is still the one that best meets our requirements and my wife absolutely loves it. A few small tweaks (eg heated windscreen) would make it better, but being a Ford it will still get slated in the press....

The blemishes are in the paint itself so I can't see them getting any worse. Unless looking closely in the right light you can't really see them, it's just me being a bit OCD when it comes to car cleaning! Edited by: xn85

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.