Ford Ecosport Forum banner

Ecosport changes

5K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Ecoboost 
#1 ·
Hi AllI have just been browsing the Ford website and looked at the ecosport to see if there were any new accessories.I saw that there is now a Zetec option, so looked at the ebrochure and it looks like the handbrake has been moved to the right hand side of the console. Sadly I could not see any indication that there is a Heated windscreen or mirrors.Bob

#3 ·
Whilst a Heated windscreen and mirrors area usual fitmentfor a Titanium model Ford, The Ecosport does NOT have them fitted. The mention of the handbrake placement was to indicate that Ford have maybe realised that they have not fully adjusted the car for right hand drive.

#4 ·
Heated windscreen, privacy glass in the back and slightly better quality materials inside will answer most of the criticisms. Personally, I quite like the tailgate mounted spare (it's different) but would like to see bigger wheels available...

#5 ·
Yes I agree about the spare wheel. I like having a full size one not a space saver. I must admit I do miss the heated windscreen, although I have only had to clear ice twice so far this winter. I can live without the privacy glass, but better a quality interior and some additional brightwork round the windows maybe,would make a good car even better. I do enjoy driving mine though

#8 ·
xn85 said:
Heated windscreen, privacy glass in the back and slightly better quality materials inside will answer most of the criticisms. Personally, I quite like the tailgate mounted spare (it's different) but would like to see bigger wheels available...
I would like to see bigger wheels available for the EcoSport as well! The tailgate mount is a sweet setup for the spare. Give the ES a look with the plastic covering..
Cheers!

#12 ·
On vehicles without the spare wheel, the rear swing-gate has been revised to allow for easier partial opening where space is limited.
For the interior, Ford says it made “subtle and stylish” improvements, including a restyled instrument cluster with chrome surround, light dimming function, and chrome tips for window switches. Thicker sound deadening materials were also added in the doors and dashboard, as well as tighter seals around the pedals.
In terms of equipment, Ford has introduced a Winter Pack, which includes heated windscreen, heated mirrors and heated front seats. The EcoSport will also be available later this year with a satnav system and Rear View Camera.
The EcoSport's driving dynamics were also taken care of, as Ford retuned the suspension with a revised rear twist beam as well as revised spring and damper rates for chassis optimization. Although it's an SUV, the EcoSport now sits 10mm closer to the ground for an improved handling. Ford also optimized the Electronic Stability Control and power steering systems.
The EcoSport's powertrains have been upgraded to EU6.1 emission standard, with the result being that the diesel engine gained 5PS. Furthermore, reduced gearbox torque truncation in lower gears provides more available torque for both EcoBoost and TDCi diesel.
All these updates are showcased on the EcoSport S in Geneva, a sporty version featuring a Deep Impact Blue body color, black roof without roof rails, mirror caps, unique 17-inch alloy wheels, a rear diffuser element and privacy glass.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.