Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my names barry , I'm looking at buying a used ecosport . There are two cars in question , one a sept 15 mars red 1.0 zetec mars red , which I prefer (the colour ). The second an October new shape 1.0 zetec in kinetic blue . The kinetic blue car works out about £500 more expensive . My question is , do owners think there is a noticeable difference between face lift and non facelift cars ? And indeed is it better to buy the facelift version ? With regards to quality , ride , handling and quietness ?
Many thanks in advance Barry

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi Barry,
At the end of the day you have to look at it on your drive and sit in it while driving so if colour is the thing then go with what you are happier with.
I have only had a facelift Ecosport so I don't have anything to compare it to but I find the noise level perfectly acceptable and certainly no worse than most cars.
Do the models you are looking at have the same options?
I have read that the interiors in the older models suffered from flimsier plastics etc.
I would definitely arrange to drive both before buying and see how you get on with them.....
Good luck. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi both cars are virtually the same options wise and mileage is nearly on par with each other . I was thinking did quality of interior plastics and fit and finish improve from release date ?

·
Registered
289 Posts
I have had both models now and handling/noise wise no difference at all.
Internals are better in the newer model - better LCD screen, hill assist starting, different parcel shelf, electronic petrol cap (not the manual screw on type). I have the titanium, so can only compare titanium to titanium.
That's just to name a few off the top of my head.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi I tested a preface lift last year Durring my initial interest and later a face lift model, I did notice a better ride and it was less boomy in side over the same road surface I take to work
I tested the titanium x just before I decided on the titanium as the wife noticed that the ride was better than the titanium x due to the lower ride hight compared to the titanium
In other words test back to back because there is differences that make or break your enjoyment

1 - 6 of 6 Posts