Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I've enjoyed reading the positive comments about the EcoSport on this Forum, especially about the ST-Line model which is the one I really like. It's a refreshing change from most of the review websites.

Short story: I ordered an EcoSport AWD ST-Line in June, it was built first week of September but I still haven't got it.

Has anyone had their EcoSport AWD in the UK yet? If so what's it like?

Since we're looking at the back end of October for delivery now I'm trying to get Michelin CrossClimate + tyres sorted from day 1 as I know even with AWD having summer tyres on snow / ice is pretty pointless.

I can't wait to get my first ever proper new car but it's been a really agonising wait so far. I ordered it so that I could drive it away on September 1st.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
By the way I'm swapping from a 2012 Ford Focus Zetec S with the 1.0T 125PS. It's been a great car, I love it to bits but it's time to swap before I get the bigger bills that go with older cars.

This will be my first new car. I've owned 2 year old or order 2nd hand cars up until now. I've had three Focus (Foci?) since around 2003 (kept the 1.6 Ti-VTC 05 for 9 years). Fiestas before that.

I want the AWD EcoSport because I go mountain biking a lot and I end up on a rough forest road or a muddy car park quite often. I also wanted to choose the gadgets for the first time. So I've got B&O Play, tinted rear windows like my Focus and I've gone for the Lightning Blue + black roof because I think it looks great :). There weren't a lot of options on EcoSport - it has loads as standard.

I certainly have Diesel anxiety because I've had petrol Fords for all of the 20 years I've been driving. I'm just hoping, just like I had the very first EcoBoost 1.0T engine (2nd hand), that Ford have done the same with the EcoBlue Diesel and it'll be better than expected.

Obviously there were no AWD or EcoBlue EcoSports to test drive before I had to make my order and my dealer hasn't had any EcoBlue EcoSports either.

I test drove the ST Line 1.0 125PS Petrol. I thought it drove really well. The interior is really nice indeed.

Anyone driven or got themselves the AWD ST Line EcoSport? What's it like? How long did it take from ordering to delivery?

I know the car is in Belgium but I've still not had anything more than "it'll be about 4 weeks from now" and that has kept happening over and over so far.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Hi there and welcome to the forum.

Think you will be the first on here with 4 wheel drive, but watching the youtube video below, as with most modern 4x4 systems, it seems it just kicks in by itself when road conditions dictate, giving a 50/50 power split with front and back wheels. Though the diesel version has an overdrive position as well.

Will be interesting to know how much extra fuel it takes when on 4x4, as when i owned a Suzuki Vitaria decades ago, I was getting awful fuel consumption when I manually put it in 4x4. But 4x4 fairly grips the road, and that's what you want.

As with all new Ecosport owners you will have to get used to the blind spot on the front A pillar with the 'triangle of glass'. You end up doing a bobbing and weaving of your neck to see around this blind spot :D

Youtube review....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts