Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,Thought I would join after looking on the forums for quite some time, especially enjoying the gallery of those who are already enjoying their EcoSports!

I put an order in for my EcoSport the end of August. I currently have a 2013 Titanium X Fiesta, but with it being three doors and now having a husky and a borer collie as part of the family unit it was the time to consider something larger with a more accessible boot for them. Having always bought Ford's and sadly with the Kuga being too large for my garage, the EcoSport was the perfect choice!
I'm currently waiting on my white 1.0 EcoBoost EcoSport Titanium X to arrive at my local dealer, and I am really really excited for it, especially with seeing the competing Vauxhall Mokka commonly on the road and always admiring the build and driving height of it.
For those who have already got theirs, how long did you have to wait before it arrived?

·
Registered
56 Posts
My Ecosport was the dealers 1.5 TDCIdemo model that was in the showroom, and was a 14 pre registered so I only had to wait a week for it, collected beginning of September,as I was not able to do the swap earlierdue to other commitments. The car was registered at the end of June but had not been driven, so only had delivery mileage on it :) So far, a month on,I am stillvery pleased with it and getting to know where all the bells and whistles are - I should read the handbook again.It is a very tall car and I had to get a step stool to be able to wash the roof.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought my blue Ecosport from Daron Ford dealership at Hayling Island on Monday and got a great deal and very good service and advice from Carl. If you're looking for a white Ecosport 1.5 petrol they have one in the showroom now! The last one in stock. Next lot probably not due till February....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Finally it seems that my vehicle might soon be here. Been chasing up TCH for a while and they've told me that it was coming over either Saturday or today. Anyone know how long on average it takes for me as an the customer to get the car after it's arrived at the dealership?
I'm super excited to finally be getting this car!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Not that long- it needs a check over,then a clean and any extras your've ordered like supaguard, then have you chosen your number plate? If so that gets put on, you need insurance so the dealership can tax it- then your ready to drive it away - so your looking at days really -post some pics please regards and happy ECOSPORTING

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mitch said:
Not that long- it needs a check over,then a clean and any extras your've ordered like supaguard, then have you chosen your number plate? If so that gets put on, you need insurance so the dealership can tax it- then your ready to drive it away - so your looking at days really -post some pics please regards and happy ECOSPORTING
I was hoping for tomorrow but apparently it's still waiting to clear through customs because the government wants to check if drugs are being smuggled over inside the car?

Unfortunately I'm going away on Thursday night and won't be back in my local area until the 11th and it looks as if it's going to be ready on the Friday which is absolutely gutting!
On the plus side it's good to know that after two months of (im)patiently waiting the car is finally almost with my dealership.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
picked up the car this evening, and initial thoughts are very good; it looks great with the titanium x pack and in diamond white, the high driving position feels secure and comfortable, the dashboard and cabin itself seems to be on par with that of the Fiesta it has replaced, and in general the car just looks beautiful and I can see myself loving it just as much, or maybe even more, than my 2013 Fiesta Titanium X.
Only things to look into now is getting some tints installed for privacy in the back, finding out if it's possible to have power fold motor connections fitted into the wing mirrors and having simple but element looking chrome trim fitted over the plastic mould used around the door window sills like the Fiesta had.
Overall though very happy! Will post some pictures when there is more light as obviously it's very dark after 4PM this time of year! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts