Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so the 3 year warranty on my 2017 Ecosport runs out later this year, and I thought it would be a good idea to get the workshop manual so I can do any changes which would certainly void any warranty (such as pulling out the hubs and changing the stud pattern).

Anyway, i found a website 'https://www.factory-manuals.com/ford-ecosport&28&300' which claims to have the 2018, 2019, and 2020 ecosport manuals for about $80USD which is a bit more than I wanted to pay and the site itself seemed a bit iffy, but I thought I'd give it a go and if I get scammed, I'll just reverse the paypal and I'll eventually get my money back.

Anyway, while the 2018 is post-facelift and my 2017 is pre-facelift, I figured the mechanicals would be pretty much the same so it shouldn't matter too much.

What I found was, once I selected the 2018 ecosport manual and paid the $80, it made me create an account. Ok, that sounds fair. One piece of information it wanted, was the vehicle VIN. I assumed this was just for them to watermark the manual so should it be released all over the internet, it would be easy to identify the source. Nope, a day and a half after making the payment, what they did, was send me the full 2096 page workshop manual for my specific model.

While again, it seems a bit pricey, I am super impressed with the detail in the manual, for everything cosmetic, mechanical, and electrical, along with steps on removing/replacing parts.

I am actually super impressed with this, so if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask

·
Registered
818 Posts
Years ago you could just buy the Haynes car manuals here in the UK on most popular cars and makes, but unfortunately they gave up making car manuals, and moved onto selling other types of books instead, all due to their accountants working out how many of a certain car was sold and how many owners would actually buy a manual, for them to make a profit, and they decided to give it up, as it was unprofitable for them.

Now getting onto on-line manuals from the internet, there is a massive scam with these, and you were lucky to find a company that actually sells you the real deal, all be it at quite an expensive price.

The usual cheaper type on-line manuals sold are just 90% generic stuff, for example "how to replace a brake pad etc" and does not really apply to your own car, and if there is actually some stuff about your car it is just basic and not detailed, so they are really a scam.

Most of us on here are still under warranty, but the day does come, when the warranty runs out and faults occur, so if you are a DIY person, then an accurate manual is a good tool. Glad you found one ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok, so the 3 year warranty on my 2017 Ecosport runs out later this year, and I thought it would be a good idea to get the workshop manual so I can do any changes which would certainly void any warranty (such as pulling out the hubs and changing the stud pattern).

Anyway, i found a website 'Ford EcoSoprt repair manual' which claims to have the 2018, 2019, and 2020 ecosport manuals for about $80USD which is a bit more than I wanted to pay and the site itself seemed a bit iffy, but I thought I'd give it a go and if I get scammed, I'll just reverse the paypal and I'll eventually get my money back.

Anyway, while the 2018 is post-facelift and my 2017 is pre-facelift, I figured the mechanicals would be pretty much the same so it shouldn't matter too much.

What I found was, once I selected the 2018 ecosport manual and paid the $80, it made me create an account. Ok, that sounds fair. One piece of information it wanted, was the vehicle VIN. I assumed this was just for them to watermark the manual so should it be released all over the internet, it would be easy to identify the source. Nope, a day and a half after making the payment, what they did, was send me the full 2096 page workshop manual for my specific model.

While again, it seems a bit pricey, I am super impressed with the detail in the manual, for everything cosmetic, mechanical, and electrical, along with steps on removing/replacing parts.

I am actually super impressed with this, so if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask
Hi that sounds like a good. Deal. I don’t suppose your manual has the torque settings for the four bolts that hold the rear wheel hun assembly onto the axle plate ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts