Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. My 2016 Titanium model has decided to not let me open the rear door. I have read about this happening and the car is booked into a garage in 10 days time to hopefully sort it out but since then the entertainment system has started to play up, telling me i have an incoming phone call but not letting me answer or reject or even switch the whole system off.
I am just looking for advice as to whether these may be connected issues and indicative of a bigger problem, in which case I will have to not use the car until I can get it to the garage, or if it is safe to use in the meantime.
Any thoughts please?

·
Registered
794 Posts
They are unconnected and coincidently happened at a similar time, one is a back door fault and likely the door lock solenoid packed in, the other is a dash entertainment software fault, and who knows what goes on in those systems LOL.

Just drive the car till it goes in for a service to be fixed ;)

But If you smell any burning during this time, stop and jump out quickly.

Joke >:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I agree I think that the fact that the car door doesn't open up had no connection to the electric system. I have had a lot of problems with my car as well so I took it to the shop. It took them a while to fix everything and while I was there I met a really cool dude that is actually an electrician who works at a local company called Bates Electric Charleston. Since I just moved to NC it was a great thing I met the guy. I have been looking at houses to buy but the ones I saw all had faulty wiring. And since I really don't want to have a fire in my future home knowing a guy like this is super useful. I took his contact information and already arranged for a meeting with him to come and give me an estimate regarding the potential repairs. I think that everything will be amazing. Wish me luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts