Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Has anyone here had the engine remapped by a reputable company like superchips? Was wondering what the pros and cons are, effectively all the ford engines are the same, just the mapping different. ? 馃榿

Registered
The advantage of a remap is to get some more horsepower out of the engine, and maybe tune the car better regarding torque curves, etc.

The disadvantage, is that you have to tell your car insurance company and that will likely cost you a bit more.

There has been one thread on remapping on a 2017 Ecosport, that gives some information, here it is ...

Registered
Hi ... Im looking to map my 2018 1.5 diesel eco as well, but I have no understanding of engines at all. what I do know is my missus has a mokka x 1.6 diesel, it accelerates a lot quicker than mine. Thats what im looking for in my car at bit more acceleration when needed... and for the record i'm not a boy racer im 59 this year, those days are long behind me..:D:D

are there any members in the liverpool/northwest area have any experience of this or know a reputable company to use... thanks

Registered
Have you had this done yet? I have had Superchips Bluefin on a number of petrol & diesel Ford cars over the past 15 years including my current 1.5 ecoboost Kuga mapped to 200+PS. Can't fault them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts