Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I'm a new owner of a 2015 1ltr ecosport titanium. I love the car and have not had any issues apart from my dealer having to change the wiper arms as they were badly corroded but should my radiator fan be on pretty much most of the time. I expect it to come on when I've been driving for a while but almost as soon as I start the engine it's coming on within about 5 minutes. All temp gauges read normal. Is this a ford trait or a problem.
Would appreciate any input.
Thanks

·
Registered
812 Posts
Hi, and welcome :D

No, it should not be on all the time. In hot days or being stationary for quite a while it will hunt on and off till it lowers coolant water temperature.

If under warranty take it to the dealership.

if not under warranty then your problem is most likely the temperature of the control sensor, that senses temperature of the engine coolant water system. it is sensing overheating, and will run fan till coolant water lowers down to a cooler temperature.

Fault most likely will be the temperature control sensor that operated fan on and off, or if your coolant water thermostat is not opening after a time, into the heater matrix circuit and not letting heat into the cabin, then the water will heat up quickly if just going around the engine circuit only.

Usually its the temperature sensor that is at fault if fan is staying on far too long and too often. though thermostat fault is a close second. Get both checked out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts