Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All my fault lights came on today abs, anti lock brake, traction control,brake,mill,airbag,TPMS and power steering and stability control any answers why also no speedometer and reversing sensors

·
Registered
818 Posts
Hello Nigel Jolly and welcome to the Forum :D

You did not mention if you have the pre-facelift or facelift model (2017 onwards).
Assume you have the latest as its more all singing and dancing electronics.

With a fault like that affecting the whole dash, I bet the CPU has had a spasm, and you will have to get the car returned to the dealership under warranty, to fix it.

My brother-in-law had the same problem with a leased brand new Renault kadjar SUV, and he had only just started a four year lease, the whole car dash packed in with all sorts of warning lights and they were on holiday at the time on the Island of Skye, the car was towed away and a whole new CPU was installed, not a good start. Modern electronics Yuk!

PS..if you are out of warranty the first check is to put an OBII reader on it to find out the fault codes, and see whats up with it. Then at least you have an idea of the fault, before putting it in for repair. Good luck.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Just had another thought about why a CPU computer packs in or goes crazy, is a rain water leak onto the CPU.

Quite a few cars and makes are notorious for this, as they are not quite watertight at the front bulkhead, and water gets into the electronics. My Smart roadster was well know for this fault of rain water leaks, very common on these roadsters, and was expensive to replace damaged CPU if out of warranty.

This might be nothing to do with your fault, but just giving one reason why CPU's can go nuts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts