Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am hoping for some help in finding out a radio code for 2016 1.5 Titanium diesel model please.. Have noticed that from previous owner there was no card supplied with service books or note scribbled in handbook etc. I have found a sticker in the glovebox with various codes on it but not sure which is the radio number or even if one of them is the code. Any help / advice would be great as on day no doubt i will need that code in a panic! Many thanks.

Nick P.

·
Registered
888 Posts
The four digit code on pre facelift models should be in the separate Ford audio book for your car, if you got that, along with the radio serial number. It should also be hidden on the side of the glove compartment, as you mentioned, with the four digit code.

Looking at the internet the label should look like one of these ford labels with the radio code, the labels differ for different allocated countries/regions/year, but the code should stand out....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you for feedback on radio code

Automotive exterior Bumper Vehicle door Gas Auto part

Have hopefully attached photo of the sticker in glove box.
Does any the numbers look as if it will help with radio code please?
I am not good with I.T. and am struggling a bit to attach file.

regards

Nick Potter

·
Registered
888 Posts
The only thing I recognise is the DV5FD which means a 1.5 TDCi Engine.
The only 4 digit code on there is 6007 but that would just be guessing.

Your other option to get the code is to give a Ford dealership the reg number of your car and they pull out the records and give you the code, at cost. (Guess around £10 to £20 for their time)

Other option if you have the radio serial number* is to go on-line and buy the info off one of these on-line radio code finders, here's one at £7.99....https://www.radiocodes.co.uk/ford-ecosport-radio-codes

* If you have the serial number on paperwork , you are laughing, and if not, you would have to pull the radio out and read the label on the radio. Or if there is room behind the radio, put a mirror and torch to the back of the radio, and read the serial number, assuming it is on the back of radio. Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Colin for all the helpful advice.
I will be back to let you know what i find out.
Should have got the used car dealer (Hammond Cars, Ipswich) to sort all this before car was bought in 2018.
Have all the handbooks except the audio one, lesson learnt.

regards

Nick Potter

·
Registered
888 Posts
No problem, I did the exact same thing buying a secondhand Smart car a few years back for the Wife, and after working on the car electrics when fitting fog lamps, by disconnecting the battery for safety, when it was reconnected the radio needed the code and I could not find it. Luckily we had bought it from a Smart dealership, so they looked up the code for us, and punched in the code on the radio for us, at no cost, by being a customer. Sorted.

MORAL OF THE STORY...
So the moral is when buying a car, secondhand, or even a new one, is to make a list of everything, like does it have a radio code, and take it with you when you go to see the car, as when you are busy buying a car, a lot of things go out of your head, and do not ask about it at the time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts