Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the car a month now, a red 1.5 petrol in basic trim, with roof rails and spare wheel on the back (my only optional ectras).

Really enjoying it, though the fat A pillar with the small triangular glass, takes a bit of getting used to and requires a quick nodding of head squint to see round this occasional blind spot.

Also talking about blind spots, I wish I had bought the reversing camera, but it is not an option if you go for the fitted rear spare wheel on the back. But will likely fit an aftermarket version at some stage next year.

OK, thatys the downside out the way, the seats are nice and comfortable, manual gearbox easy to use and clutch is light enough for the wife not to complain when she gets a turn at the wheel :D

Very happy with the power produced by the 1.5 ecotec engine, and cabin is fairly quiet with good warm heating for the winter.

For those reading this as a potential buyer, be aware that there is a smaller more modern 3 cylinder 1.0 engine that has better fuel consumption, but is a slightly dearer engine (I wanted the 1.5 engine as have been used to it via our company car), and of course there is the diesel engine, lower road tax and better fuel range, but I never liked the complication of a burn cycle of the exhaust to remove soot, so returned to a petrol car.

On the road my 1.5 is great, with a high driving position, just like my previous Quasqui, the boot is a bit smaller, but our dog (a l;abrador) is happy enough back there, and we intend to get our bikes on the roof rails for the Spring and Summer.

So overall really pleased with the car so far, and still have to figure out average MPG, though it looks like it is in the lower 40's. Happy enough with that.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Sounds good! Would like to see what you do with the reversing camera and what options you go for - will you try and retrofit the original Ford part or go with something else?

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will be going for a 'night vision rear mounted camera and dash mounted Display' kit from Ebay, can get a good kit for under £50. Not decided on which one yet.

Reason I do not want to go with Ford's as too costly and do not want to use any existing loom wiring, in case the car computer does not like it. Modern days, huh!

I will end up just run new wiring with the kit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You soon get used to the A pillar vision. I had a mk 7 Fiesta before and it's very similar visionwise although higher up of course. Rear camera is the only option I didn't go for so will interested to see what you go for if I decide to retrofit.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bought from EBay a wireless rear view kit reversing camera nght vision with 4.3 inch. LCD monitor, going to fit it on rear bumper under the tyre cover. It is wired off reversing light, and transmits to monitor in cabin, via transmitter, recover. Cost is £29,

·
Registered
289 Posts
Bought from EBay a wireless rear view kit reversing camera nght vision with 4.3 inch. LCD monitor, going to fit it on rear bumper under the tyre cover. It is wired off reversing light, and transmits to monitor in cabin, via transmitter, recover. Cost is £29,
Nice!

Pics when its done! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts